“Great Food in a cellar atmosphere”

Mazzola's Italian Diner
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

A great variety of Italian Food, the Pizza's are great, lasagna very good, Butter Nut Ravioli was a hit as was the Salmon. A nice place where on Wednesday evening Children can eat free with an adult. A family type restaurant, but it could be charming for a romantic evening, but maybe not on a Wednesday.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Mazzola's Italian Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you so much for the review. We love hearing what our customers think about how we're doing.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

They make really good food here and the staff is awesome. We went two nights in a row because my kids loved it so much. The food is really good and to keep the kids entertained while waiting for the food, they bring pizza dough that the kids make into different shapes and then they bake them. Good food and a great family atmosphere; what more can you ask for?

Families are most certainly welcome here. We love keeping the kiddos happy!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Fond memories of amazing pizza after skiing and could not wait to return. We had the Front Range pizza, which was very good except lacked cheese. The small with salads was enough for 2. The house salads were extremely fresh and great dressing. A couple nights later we ordered take-n-bake delivered with salads - I specifically requested extra cheese and it almost seemed as there was less than the first time. I don't except gobs of it, just a decent amount, that was disappointing and for our friends who never had pizza from here before. Again the house salads were great but the cesar salad was just naked romaine and dressing on the side - no parm or croutons, bummer. Next time in Steamboat may return and try an entree instead.

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Mazzola's Italian Diner, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Please do return the next time you're in town. We'd love the opportunity to show you that our pizza and salads really are quite delicious.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

They make their own pizza dough etc, even brought some dough out for the kids to play with. The bread they serve before meals was great :) and kids loved the hot chocolate. The lobster pasta was excellent, I recommend splitting pasta dishes though as they come in huge portions!

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Mazzola's Italian Diner, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Sounds like the next time you're visiting Steamboat we can expect to see you again. Thank you!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were staying one night in Steamboat and decided to try Mazzola's. My husband loves Italian so it was an obvious choice. The atmosphere is fun, very similar to a New York Italian restaurant. We loved the wine served in regular table glasses just like they do in Italy at cute mom and pop places. Best of all I was so appreciative of them accommodating me since I am gluten free. I didn't know what I would be able to eat there and they made me some gluten free bread and I was able to get gluten free pasta too. An added bonus was the exceptional service we got from Miss Kari B. She was amazing and I find it can be rare to get great service in a tourist town. We will surely go back next time we are in Steamboat and hopefully get to have Kari as our server!!

1  Thank grizzly9

Kari will be thrilled to hear how much her service is appreciated. Thank you!