“Excellent meal”

Ore House at the Pine Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
Ore House at the Pine Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving Steamboat Springs since 1971 * Famous steaks, slow roasted prime rib, fresh seafood and more * Extensive salad bar, gluten-free menu, Sunset menu for early diners * Peaceful patio dining * Groups of 10-275, Romantic dates or family gatherings * Huge parking lot * Cozy atmosphere in 100+ year old barn full of Steamboat history * A tradition in town for generations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Make sure you make reservations as they book up almost every night. We all enjoyed our meal and the salad bar was fresh. Unique old barn turned into a restaurant.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The food is classic and always good. From the atmosphere to the food you can not go wrong. We come back for the ribs and steaks but everything is good. And go before 6pm and they have great specials!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I made our Valentine's weekend plans well enough in advance, without arranging for our Valentine's Day dinner plans in advance. So a week before, I called the Ore House and was delighted to know they still had a couple of slots left! This was our first overnight visit to Steamboat, and I chose Ore House based on the TripAdvisor reviews.

We were very pleasantly surprised! My girlfriend had the blackened mahi mahi with a savory green curry sauce. Delicious! I had the smoked buffalo prime rib which was smoked to perfection, very tender with a very tasty brown sugar based rub. unfortunately, the buffalo prime rib is a special offered only three or so times a year. The salad bar is complete with a wide selection of fresh items. The attentive service complimented the tasty meals. We skipped desert because of all of the Valentine's candy back at our B&B.

I would definitely recommend the Ore House - I know we'll be back on our next visit to Steamboat!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our shuttle driver recommended The Ore House and it did not disappoint! The steak ore house, the lamb t-bones, the raspberry chipotle salmon were all outstanding! So much so we went back on our last night for an encore and enjoyed it just as much a second time!

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is a little out of the way but worth it if your jonesing for a good stake. The atmosphere felt pleasant and inviting at the log burner is a great touch. The salad bar had good variety and made for a great starter. I had the ny strip which was cooked to perfection! But my one quibble is that on the menu it said that it came with vegetables, in my opinion 2 florets of broccoli does not constitute a plural. Also the bread rolls, personally I don't get the cinnamon roll thing in a bread basket. They were very nice though and were saved as dessert. Our server felt a little judging at times but softened up a little as we went on. All in all a good experience and a very good steak. I would happily return.