“Just Down Righr Awful!”

Ore House at the Pine Grove
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving Steamboat Springs since 1971 * Famous steaks, slow roasted prime rib, fresh seafood and more * Extensive salad bar, gluten-free menu, Sunset menu for early diners * Peaceful patio dining * Groups of 10-275, Romantic dates or family gatherings * Huge parking lot * Cozy atmosphere in 100+ year old barn full of Steamboat history * A tradition in town for generations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Everything about our first (and last) time experience at this place was just horrible! We were almost hit in the parking lot by a roudy group of 'locals' as the hostess informed us. Then we were seated at the worst table in the place and overheard the party they tried to seat there before us refused to sit there as well.

Now the food. I started with the crab cakes. They were burned on. The outside and mushy on the inside. Zero flavor and doubted they had any crab in them. He offered to bring me another order for free once he realized that that was my entree but opted to try the grouper special. My God what did the do to that poor fish! Again burnt and overcooked. Just terrible and it was $30!!!! My husband became violently ill later after eating the burger. I don't get how this place stays in business! Stay away!!

steamboatrestaurant, Owner at Ore House at the Pine Grove, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

While I cannot control what happens or almost happens in our shared parking lot, I'm sorry to hear that the incident caused such a wave to the rest of your evening. The excessive phone calls, accusations and threats of "online bashing" that transformed into claims of sickness a week later were not necessary. To respond to all of the changing stories you have told to us throughout the week and now tried to spread would only make this sound defensive and unprofessional. The one thing we can agree on is that a future visit will not be needed.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I wanted a good steak and The Ore House was recommended. On entering, the atmosphere was what we wanted. Kind of old-style saloon. Our table was ready and we were seated promptly (we were 6). Our waitress was a little curt and not particularly helpful. But she took our orders. Everything included a salad bar which was at best satisfactory. I had 2 major issues: First, we asked for the kids meals to come out as soon as possible since they were fading fast. Our waitress told that it was not possible since they serve a lot of people and could not separate the kids out in any way. Really? As if I hadn't noticed that they were a busy restaurant and couldn't boil 2 spaghettis! Second issue was that everything came heavily seasoned. I like my steak to be steak not a vehicle to deliver tons of spices. She could have told us and given us options but I guess she was too busy.
It was pretty expensive for such boiler plate food and service. We didn't even bother with dessert.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a wonderful place to eat, relax and enjoy the ambiance. The atmosphere is 10+ on a scale of 10. Had a party of 8 and all of our dishes were better than really good! The salad bar comes with everthing and it is a great layout on its' own. The bar was a place that looked like I could have hung all night with great selections and the perfect "feel" for a winter, snowy night! You go to SBS you gotta eat here at least one night!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

If you are visiting Steamboat make sure to put the Ore House on your list of "things to do". The food is very good. The steak and seafood is cooked perfectly. The salad bar is very fresh, although the selection was not as large as I had anticipated. The service is right on par with the food and the atmosphere. The overall value is excellent!!!!! All of that said, the real allure of the Ore House is it's ambiance. This restaurant was converted from a barn and if you sit in the main room (where the bar is located) you can appreciate the architecture from the original structure as you sit near the fire. The Ore House offers a unique charm that makes their patrons feel right at home. It is no wonder how they remain so busy!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This restaurant has a great salad bar which accompanies all of the meals. You make your own salad before your meals comes out, and it's unlimited. Ore House serves great ribs, and the staff are really friendly. Bread and cinnamon buns included in your meal!