“One Word: Amazing!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is such a unique place, the drive down the dirt road is beautiful, I highly recommend going in the fall if you are able. The trees on the 8th of October were exquisite. I can see why you would need a 4x4 vehicle getting here in the winter with snow, its steep roads.

Service was great, we came around 2PM where its $10 per person for the entire day, my wife and parents stayed until 6 or so, but its open until 10pm-12am depending on the season and time of the week.

There is the river to swim in, the 2 larger big pools and 3-4 smaller upper pools. Lots of room to lay out in the sun or relax in the different temperature hot springs. Only staff we saw was when we paid at the entrance, he was courteous and gave some tips on the best areas of the pools to relax in.

My wife and I will be back soon, would love to be here when its snowing, it does not get more natural than this! Not many lights if you plan on staying at night so bring a flashlight. Note: there is optional nudity after dark.

Room Tip: We didnt stay here, only enjoyed the hot springs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chuck A

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Long crazy story.... hope the owner hears this one and talks to this employee....

When I arrived after a 4 hour drive from Boulder at the Hot Springs I approached the sign in counter. The guy had a brittish or australian accent and a ponytail... I said I was meeting friends and would like to sign in. He asked me the name a few times then gave me a dirty look and said her name in HIS accent, "OH Straaaawww". So I say, "yes, Straw." He is now pissed at me and I'm not sure why. Then things really started to get ugly... This guy I recognized as my friend's, friend's boyfriend comes over to the desk to pay for the hot springs and go hang out at the campsite they all rented. We could both tell he'd been drinking, then he tried to sneak a beer into the place (no glass is a BIG rule there! He was actually going to the campsite to drink, where we all were but anyway...) So the guys was pissed and kicked this guy out. He THEN wouldn't finish checking me in, meaning telling me where the campsite was. I had already paid and everything. Another group came up behind us to check in and the guy at the counter says to let them go ahead of me. I said to him, "why I just need to know where to go?" He said because I knew the guy sneaking in glass we obviously didn't know the rules and needed to wait to be lectured on them. I told him that I wasn't friends with that guy, and just arrived alone from Boulder. He told the other people behind me that I was being rude and a problem, and making them wait. Then he told me where to go and yelled at me for asking him to clarify the directions. It was dark, like 10PM. I couldn't find the campsite and wasn't comfortable walking alone in the dark along the trails there. I went back up towards the parking lot, on the verge of tears, planning on heading back the 4 hours to Boulder. This guy obviously wasn't going to help me find my friends.

Just then another friend showed up with a few other people I hadn't met. I was waiting on them to pay, etc and her friend asks the guy, "how many people are camping down there, is it crowded?" The guy says, "WELL... if you're planning on playing loud speakers and that kind of thing you probably will be disturbing people." Her friend says, "What? I was wondering how hard it was going to be to find our friends, I am 37, we aren't college kids!" The guy says, well you know that girl, pointing at me, and she knows him, pointing at the parking lot, so YOU guys obviously don't know the rules. Let's go over them again before you guys go down there." I said to the guy, "so since I said hello to that guy, and to this girl, who knows that guy now we are ALL bad people??" He says YES!!! Then started to explain the rules again at which point I got into my car to get away from the conversation. I couldn't listen to this guy treat my friend and her friends this way! I've never been treated so rudely for no reason!! I hope he's not there next time I go back, because the actual property is really neat. What a buzz kill on my friend's birthday!

PS Once I forgot about that guy I had a nice time in the pools. They were pretty, but VERY hot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank NormaJean2
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent a couple of hours just relaxing and enjoying the hot springs and fresh mountain air. This place is a short drive out of town but definitely worth it. No pushy service attendants to deal with here, only friendly staff at the gate. Not a place for rowdy or noisy kids. Mostly adults just enjoying some leisure time.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a lovely place to visit we stayed here in a covered wagon overnight. Pools are lovely and in the day as expected they are occupied by children and families all of who seem to respect others. However, at night if you are planning to relax and peacefully look at the night sky don't bother. The pool seemed to fill up with noisy youths who loved the sound of the own voice and were happy to share their triviality with everyone around them in very loud voices. ruining it for peaceful bathers. Also at night there is a no torch / flashlight rule after dark so not to spoil the ambience of the night sky, this is not enforced and continual lights were shone around. However, if you can get up early and bathe, we were on our own in the pools at dawn it was magical!
Staff also a little grumpy on check in!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stepmac
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Strawberry park hot springs was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. Tubs varied in temperature. We enjoyed the cool during the day and warm at night. It's clothing optional at night and whether that's your thing or not there's no lighting other than the stars so it was comfortable to do with or without your bathing suit, although I highly recommend taking it off! It was wonderful, loved it!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kenzywenz
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I loved this place. My boyfriend and I love exploring the hot springs of Colorado. This is certainly a wonderful surprise. Most of the folks there are like minded and want a relaxing time to unwind and most seem to make small chit chat of "where are you from". We did wait until dark and we disrobed our swimsuits to enjoy the adult only nude soaking. I didnt feel that people were there to troll the nude people, I felt we were all there after dark as we knew the rules of naked people after dark. It was wonderful and we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy K
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last week. The cabin was warm, cozy and adequate. The pools, as always, were fabulous! We honeymooned here and it was perfect for unwinding from the necessary chaos of wedding planning. The only downsides: the cabin only had one chair, the grill was filthy and there are very limited shower facilities and we chose not to use them due to the lack of cleanliness. Otherwise, we had a really lovely stay and will certainly be back sometime.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple