“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cantina

The Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: Lincoln Avenue between 8th and 9th Street.
Description: Fun, casual dining in historic downtown Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The Cantina is one of Steamboat’s oldest dining establishments and serves creative Mexican cuisine and award winning fresh squeezed margaritas for lunch and dinner daily.The highly acclaimed fresh-squeezed margaritas are made with fresh lemons and limes — no sour mix here. Signature items include tequila-fired fajitas served flaming table side; Chimi Cozumel filled with shrimp, mushrooms & spinach topped with jalapeno pesto cream sauce; Carne Asada made with tender buffalo steak; and homemade cinnamon fried ice cream.The Cantina in Steamboat offers a children’s menu, a gluten free menu, a large variety of vegetarian options and plenty of fresh salads and soups.
Glenwood Springs
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great Mexican restaurant. The portions were large, margaritas were excellent. Loved the queso blanco. I will be back!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mandy G

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Burritos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wasn't sure if we would like the sauce on the burrito so they changed it to our liking. Very friendly. Happy hour prices were great. We kept eating the burritos and thinking this is so good. It tasted so fresh. It had the rice inside the burritos which was different but yummy. Place is located right on the main drag which also provided outdoor seating. They even allowed someone to tie up there x-large door to the rail. Notice quite a few x-large dogs on the streets with their owns.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Good food & drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The margaritas were great. Friendly staff. Laid back atmosphere. Stumbled into Taco Tuesday - great deal

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Free margaritas with your fajitas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Check out the local free coupon booklets for nice coupons for this place! The fajitas are great and more than generous. Meats are fire-roasted and come with options for raising the level of habenero heat.

Arvada, Colorado
“Slow service, but really, why would I be in a hurry?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate lunch here today. It was our second visit because we had enjoyed a lunch here when visiting Steamboat two years ago. We were greeted promptly upon choosing our table and our drink orders were taken. Our drinks arrived quickly. I had a coupon for a free margarita and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the size of my free drink! And it was very good if you like a fruity (lime) margarita rather than a sweet one. The salt on the rim was chunky and a perfect complement to the lime. My husband had the skinny burrito and I had the marinated steak torta with fries. My husband thought his burrito could have been hotter (cooking heat, not spice). But he heats stuff up waaay too hot for me so I take his critique with a grain of salt. I have no complaints about the torta. Next time we are there I'll try the grilled chicken torta. The fries, which I thought were a touch odd for a mexican restaurant, were delicious. The portions were huge. I ate half of mine at the restaurant and brought the rest back to our condo. We just heated my leftovers up and enjoyed them with a beer. Once we placed our order we waited quite a while for our meals to be served but we didn't mind because we are on holiday and not in a hurry. We had really yummy chips and salsa to munch on while we waited. Overall a nice lunch in a restaurant with lovely Mexican art and very nice and friendly wait staff.

• 4 of 5 bubbles