“Nice restaurant, good service but too expensive ”
Review of Cafe Diva

Cafe Diva
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 11 and were well accommodated.

The sommelier was exceptional with his knowledge and recommendations were spot on.

The waitress was very well versed in what each dish was.

I shared the cauliflower fondue as a starter - it was quite nice. I tried one of the other's peanut butter and bacon which was delicious.

For main I had the catch of the day which was Steelhead. Very tasty fish but to be honest the accompanying sauce and beans were too heavy for the fish. I could not finish them in fact.

A very nice restaurant and probably is the best in Steamboat but I don't think it would stack up against anywhere with a little more competition in the 'real world'

Would probably recommend a visit to others but I don't think I would return.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I truly loved my dining experience at Cafe Diva. Five of us dined there and agreed it was the best meal of the vacation. The wine list was extensive and the sommelier made two great recommendations. A must while in Steamboat!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Cafe diva I'd positioning itself as an expensive restaurant with dishes bringing together interesting flavors. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work, it feels like they are trying too hard. I had duck parcels for starter and it was too sweet - the maple and bourbon sauce overpowered the other flavors and I didn't think the grated apple added anything. For main course the Moroccan lamb shank was moist and tasty but again the sauce was too sweet. For the price we have had more interesting and eclectic food elsewhere - even in steamboat itself at the laundry restaurant

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was our first trip to Steamboat and to this restaurant and we loved both. Our waitress, Josie, was a consummate server who did everything right. There were 6 of us and we tried all kinds of dishes and all of them were superb. Creative, tasty, beautifully prepared. Nice, quiet, cozy atmosphere. Perfect.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Although the experience was enjoyable and I would recommend Cafe Diva when it takes the server 10 minutes to explain the ingredients and preparation methods of the menu items to a party of four your trying too hard. Over prepared food with way to much going on!