“Been there twice - it's just average in my book”
Review of Cafe Diva

Cafe Diva
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Louis, MO
“Been there twice - it's just average in my book”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate here once a few years back during ski season and then again last week (during summer). It was just OK both times. The first time we went it was a big date night out and we were disappointed with the food. Then this time we were with a group of 12 which they actually managed quite well. We had the pork lettuce wraps which were OK. Also had the vegetarian option which was the fried green tomato tower that tasted like stale oil (bummer) and the surf and turf (the scallops were prepared perfectly and the buffalo steak was tender). My husband and I agreed that the mashed potatoes were the star of the meal. For a restaurant that is supposed to be known for their wine selection, their wine by the glass options were poor (my sister in law who loved her meal was the first one to point out the poor wine selection). Then my husband ordered a martini which he had to ask for twice (and the server somewhat accusatory said, "I ordered it, I am not sure why you didn't get it") then ordered a scotch only to find that they were out of many of the scotches they had on the menu. Just an OK meal.

• Visited August 2013

DALLAS TX
“SPECTACULAR”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I took a group of 16 to the restaurant for a lovely evening after an exhausting day of riding bikes. The service was excellent considering such a large group. Our waitress was patient and spirited. The meals and desserts were "top five."
The pork belly lettuce wraps were amazing as was the sea bass. All in the group were impressed and on one had a negative experience.
My only negative remark goes to the apre' dinner coffee which was pretty bland.

• Visited August 2013
Clive, Iowa
“Excellent 5 Star Choice”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've eaten at Café Diva 8-10 times over the past 10 years in trips to the Steamboat Springs area. It is consistently the finest restaurant near Steamboat.

Make no mistake -- it is very expensive. But with the excellent menu changing seasonally, and with the outstanding wine list and always attentive service, it is a "must stop" for those with the pocketbook to dine there.

The seating in the bar area is my favorite choice, with the windows opening to the ski village outside. Bu wherever you are seated, Café Diva will live up to its deserved reputation as the top restaurant in the area.

• Visited July 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Excellence in all regards”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a must stop while in Steamboat! We were delighted and honored to return to our favorite restaurant! The food was excellent, the service (Heath) impeccable, the wine (Paul) was superb, and the setting and presentation (Beth) is always very friendly and welcoming. It is always a true vacation highlight - we can't wait for our return!

Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best meal in Steamboat”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate here after a hard day of hiking. Food was great. Loved the atmosphere. Wife had steelhead (great) and I had the elk medallions (very good). Great atmosphere, good staff. A can't miss in Steamboat.

• Visited July 2013