“Best Meal in a Decade”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although off the beaten track if you're not a skier, this is truly a find. The menu was inspired and exquisitely presented. The wait staff was personable and very knowledgeable about the extensive wine list. From the Chanterelle Capuccino and cave aged Gruyere grilled cheese toast to the main entrees and deserts, we have not stopped talking about this meal. We came away utterly captivated.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the most consistently excellent restaurant and clearly the best in town based on food presentation, attentive service and creative menu.I am never disappointed here. It is expensive but worth the splurge. Try "date night" for lower prices after labor day.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lovely intimate restaurant, it is cosy, warm, friendly and the food is wonderful too. Its pricey but worth it for that special dinner to top off a vacation.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am so sorry when I don't just love a place - especially when it was expensive but I'd give this restaurant a B+ for trying. First, before anything else, they need to fix their air filtration system. It was so oppressively foody it was like sitting next to a grill. It smelled like a greasy, dirty oven. Smelled this way from the outside vents as well. We smelled like this after we ate and had to air our our clothes on our hotel balcony that night. When you begin with that, it's hard to get better.
Wine list was overpriced. Food, though creatively conceived was over seasoned. If I order a starter of local heirloom tomatoes, I want to be able to taste the tomatoes. That was not the case here - way too many herbs and over dressed as well. My main dish was almost too salty to eat. My sister liked her food better than I did but also felt her food was oppressively seasoned. Less is more Diva! The woman who greeted us was really nice, our server was super pleasant BUT the second server, while he seemed perfectly nice, spoke in so loud a voice that his discussions with other tables was all anyone could hear. A couple at the next table apparently felt the same way - I watched them stop talking to each other every time the guy opened his mouth. Tiny room, booming voice - not a great combo. And so - it was OK but when dinner for two runs about $300. - I'd like to have fewer complaints.

2  Thank Susan10536
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We travel a lot. We eat out a lot. We both left the restaurant amazed at what a lovely evening that was! Sure it was spendy. But worth it. How often do you out looking for a tasty meal and it turned out to be a good feeling adventure? Our only comment was that the portion size was too large. We do not like take aways. Other than that, keep up the good work!