“Fabulous Day!”

Steamboat Powdercats
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowcat skiing with Steamboat Powdercats is a unique experience, one that may reward you with the best day of skiing in your life. Though Mother Nature holds the cards to how powder rich your day will be, Steamboat Powdercats has put together a system with friendly guides, cats and infrastructure that should provide you with an excellent day in the Steamboat backcountry. 3 Heated snowcats allow Steamboat Powdercats to group guests by skiing ability so everyone is at their comfortable level. Located on Buffalo Pass, the terrain is conveniently just 20-min from downtown Steamboat Springs, so guests are typically cat skiing by 9:15 am. The skiing terrain is matched to the ability level of the group so it's very important to be honest with us when placing you and your group into our cats. All inclusive tours include everything you'll need for a day in the backcountry, plus photos are included!
Reviewed January 1, 2014

What an amazing experience! Great gear, great guides, great lunch, great personal attention the whole day. Fresh tracks every run. And don't worry about holding up the group. I hadn't skied powder in a very long time and after 2 runs they realized this skiing grandma needed some help. They gave me such great tips that I got the "most improved" award at the end of the day! It was a blast. And did I mention the mountain vistas, snow ladened evergreens and huge aspen tree trunks?! If you even have an inkling you might want to try this - do!

There are newer reviews for Steamboat Powdercats

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was my sixth and FREE trip. Ski 5 and get one free. It is a must if you are in the 'boat. Cats are great and guides make you feel comfortable right from the beginning. If there is fresh powder they will find it at every run. By end of day you'll feel like family. When you compare lift tix prices at steamboat and compare it to cat skiing, (powder, lunch, powder) you should be knocking down their door.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

A friend of mine won a trip for 4 to steamboat powder cats. We ended up getting a foot of snow over night and during the day, so it was bound to be great. I feel with the excellent crew of guides they would have sniffed us out some nice snow even if it hadn't snowed so much. What made this trip so much fun was the group of skiers and riders on the trip were all having a blast but the guides themselves seemed to be having as much fun as us. They sent along Beauford the photographer with us for half the day and the photos they provide for free on a disc at the end of the day is an added bonus. I didn't pay for my trip, but it was well worth the full price of $450. If you have the time and money to spend on this trip and you see Steamboat getting hit with snow, don't hesitate book a trip with these guys.

1  Thank ryan l