“Excellent! We Loved It!”

Blue Sage Pizza & Bakery
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We got into Steamboat very late because of a lot of sightseeing. Needless to say, there were not many places to eat that were open. Most businesses close early this time of year (what the locals call the "mud season" because of all the melting snow). After calling a couple of places, I finally found Blue Sage Pizza. I called them and even though they were about to close, the guy said, "Sure, no problem. I will even deliver it." It only took about 20 minutes, and I had everyone satisfied with a nice bite to eat.

The pizza was excellent-- thin slices but packed with toppings. It was very flavorful, crispy, and tasty. It was not too heavy, which made it perfect for a late evening meal. I could not have handled thick, overly spicy pizza that late at night.

The driver was polite and friendly. I will definitely eat here again if I am in the area.

1  Thank Photoj7

Reviewed March 23, 2009

Took an hour to get the pizza (which they were honest about upfront). When it came, it was pretty salty and nobody liked it. Just not good.

1  Thank selvirino
Reviewed November 2, 2008

This by far the best pizza this side of the Rockies!! The crust is perfect and the slices are always warm. You can call for a delivery or stop in and wait on average only 15 min for your pizza. The other great thing aboout this place is that they have pieces by the slice ready when you stop in and they are not just a normal slice but instead huge slices more than enough to fill any appitite. I just moved to town 2 months ago and still stop here to eat atleast twice a week.

Reviewed January 28, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised to find this pizza joint next door to a Walmart because I had a hankering for pizza and I saw they offered Chicago style pie. They did not disappoint. I went with the Chicago style pie (allow 40 minutes for cooking), and it was as good as going to Due's on Wabash in downtown Chicago.

Great crust, fresh sauce, high-quality cheese. All-around great restaurant.

Reviewed January 12, 2008

Locally owned. Fantastic pizza. Don't let the size of the place fool you. It's the best pizza in Steamboat with friendly service too!!

If you're visiting Steamboat and want to grab a slice or order a whole one, this is the first place you should go. It's next to WalMart.

p.s. I don't work for Blue Sage... I've just tested all the pizza in town and this one is the best. Beau Jos Pizza is second best by a distance.

1  Thank kidmugg