“Just couldn't get excited”

Creekside Cafe & Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Lisbon, Portugal
“Just couldn't get excited”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I know I'm in the minority here, but I wasn't so fussed about CCG. Wait was REALLY long, bean burger was quite meh. The only thing to get really is the poached eggs + something, and that isn't enough for me -- but I have poached eggs all the time at home, so maybe I'd have appreciated it more if I wasn't a poach-er.

Denver, Colorado
“Great breakfast in Steamboat Springs”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went for breakfast/brunch while in Steamboat 2 weeks back and was very pleased with the food and service at a great little breakfast/lunch place there, the Creekside Café and Grill. It's a small quaint place but with a real local warm feel. After reviewing their terrific menu including a dozen or so different types of eggs benedict and malted waffles, etc., I settled on eggs, grits, bacon and blueberry pancakes,... yumm! I sat at the bar and was immediately served my coffee in a large customized coffee mug, available for sale if you need a souvenir. The "bartender" was a very friendly, yet efficient young woman who is local and works there during the ski season. The food was terrific and the conversation and service warm and friendly. If you're looking for a great breakfast/brunch while in Steamboat, I'd strongly recommend the Creekside Café and Grill.

• Visited November 2013
Kansas City, MO
“Best Eggs Benedict on the planet!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I absolutely love the Traditional Benedict at Creekside! But I also love the Florentine and the California - you get the picture. Creekside has the best Eggs Benedict I have ever encountered.

So, my perfect meal is 1/2 order of Traditional Eggs Benedict with grits (with cheese) instead of fried potatoes. I would order the full order (2 halves of the English Muffin) for only $2 more but then I would eat all of it and be miserable!

And this is not a "I went there one time and they were great review". I own a second home in Steamboat and dine at Creekside about once a month.

My kids and friends also love the chili rellenos, the french toast and waffles and I have been told by several friends they have the best breakfast burrito they ever tried

We are not morning drinkers but I have tasted a couple of the mimosa offerings and they were wonderful. Our friends raved about the bloody mary's.

Creekside is definitely a 5 star find in Steamboat and well worth visiting.

Note about crowds - if there is snow on the ground and it is cold the patio is not open and the wait can be a problem on weekends during ski season. GET THERE EARLY. During the warmer months the patio helps with the crowds. Best to go either early or during the week if Steamboat is crowded.

Surprise, Arizona
“Great Way to Start a Day”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We recently spent 4 weeks in Steamboat Springs. We tried a couple of places for breakfast and then found the Creekside Cafe. After finding the Creekside we didn't go anywhere else for breakfast. Everything starts with a warm greeting at the front door. Once seated the service was great. Never had to ask for anything. The service staff seemed to anticipate our every need. The food matched the service. What is really great is that a lot of the food is fresh from local sources. My wife tried all the different Eggs Benedict and I enjoyed the local ham and eggs. The bread is all freshly baked. Got the chance to meet the owners, Kelly and Jason. Once you meet them you understand why the Creekside is a great dining experience. The Creekside is their passion, not just a job. The next time you are in Steamboat you are missing a great dining experience if you do not eat at the Creekside.

• Visited August 2013
Colorado, USA
“Great breakfast place!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent breakfast place. We went there on Saturday around 10am and they were packed with people seating on outside patio even though it was close to 40F that morning. It’s an old school western diner with the menu to fit them. However, the food was very fresh and staff was working very hard to make sure you get everything you wanted and in time. Décor was very interesting as they painted the walls and ceiling to match with some sky, clouds and trees. The place is very kids friendly too.

Food: We ordered the hashed corned beef omelet and even though it was a bit different from what I expected, I liked it even better. Usually, that choice would give you a mix of meat and potatoes in about 50/50 ration. Here, I was wondering if there were any potatoes at all – very meaty, yet tender, dish. Very fresh too. We also got the granola with yogurt and fruits and it turned out to be a huge bowl of very fresh and tasty ingredients.

Price: Precisely what you expect – we were under $30 for two with coffees and two full entries. And yes, that was enough food to last till mid day.