“Best visit yet”

Cugino's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cugino's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We eat here almost every visit to Steamboat. The service is never anything to smile about. We like the food. On our last 2 visits we've ordered Stromboli's (Big Al's and Original). They are great. Careful of the spicy peppers... Our two boys get Fettuccine Alfredo, and they like it. I'm almost certain this restaurant doesn't have Sweet'n Low or Splenda; we take our own. On our most recent visit, the Caesar Salad was less than desirable (see pic). We go for the Stromboli, and probably will again. I will say this: the service this time was encouraging. It was a girl we hadn't seen there before.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

One of the worst dining experiences I've had in Steamboat. Took like 20 mins to put an order in for delivery. Using a 15 dollar credit from restaurant.com was apparently way to advanced for them to comprehend. Had to call back multiple times, and had to go through at least another 15 mins of arguing with the girl just to let me use the coupon that THEY put out there. If you are going to post coupons, then you should probably allow customers to actually use them.

So, usually I could get past this stuff, it's annoying, but ultimately what I care about is the food that I'm paying good money to eat. I know a restauarnt could have a bad employee and I would never judge an entire restaurant on one bad interaction with an employee....

However...it just kept getting worse.. from bad to terrible...the pizza we ordered came completely soggy, I mean literally could not even pick up a single slice of pizza out of the box. The entire middle of the pie was actually non existent, as if they didn't use enough dough to make a large pizza and was left so thin on the middle that after it cooked it just wilted away. For a restaurant that prides themselves on brick oven pizza, what a joke that was!

Also, I specifically asked for 3 extra large blue cheeses, which they charged me for (come on if you order some extra dressing for your salad just throw it in complementary but that's besides the point) well they give me one tiny cup of blue cheese and that was supposed to be for a large salad. I always dip my pizza in the blue cheese, so that is just one more thing that completely disappointed me.

Overall, I was just completely disgusted with the level of service and food quality. I'm a local and in addition to the other friends I was eating this meal with, will never be back to Cugino's.

1  Thank mountaing33
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I sat at the bar and ordered drink and food. The salad with sun dried tomato dressing was crisp and flavorful. I ordered the eggplant with spinach and it was served at a good temperature. The portion was satisfactory. I added .a little salt and parm cheese. I couldn't finish it. The pasta served with pesto sauce was very flavorful. The service was marginal. The bartender (S) greeted me at the beginning and end, but never bothered to even acknowledge my presence after that. She was very interested in both of the younger good looking men at both ends of the bar. I come to SS often, but will find another Italian restaurant to spend my money. There are a few.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We keep returning because we like the food. But we have reached our limit! Our server, Molly, was rude, service was so slow, our appetizer came out at the end of our meal with no apologies! Don't do it!

1  Thank FamilyofFive_13
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant in February 2013. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We ordered the tortellini genovese and the lasagna and both were delicious. It was a little pricey though. We would definitely eat there again.