“Try something else. No pulled pork or brisket! Crazy..I know right.”

Double Z Bar & Bar Bq
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I just rode MTB up and over emerald mountain and the BBQ sounded great. It was not. Try something else.
They had no pulled meats..only slices.
The sausage was hillshire farms quality....and the sauce was lame for pork slices in my sandwich. The wife had BBQ chicken.. it was tough and poorly prepared. ..again the sauce was lame.
The fries were earthy tasting and then service was slow....and the atmosphere was weak.
There is so much more to try in steamboat.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This used to be a decent bbq restaurant....not anymore. It is mainly a bar, that serves some food. We ordered pulled pork sandwiches, and the pork was AT LEAST a few days old. Terrible. No soda on tap....they only had gatorade. Weird. We will not be back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter and I ate at Double Zs after tubing the Yampa River. We each ordered a half rack of ribs and a Pepsi. About 5 minutes into the meal my daughter looked in her glass and in the ice was a grasshopper (minus the head). She thought she was going to be ill and when she showed me, I felt the same. I called the waitress over and showed her and her response was "We will comp the drink." Are you kidding me...Hello. We just found a grasshopper in her drink and neither one of us wants to eat anymore. She got her manager and she said that there was no way that the grasshopper came from their ice machine. It must have fallen off a tree and into her glass. After 5 minutes of arguing she finally called her manager and came back five minutes later and said that we wouldn't have to pay for the meal (which wasn't very good to begin with). As we were leaving the cook told us to not come back again. I told him to not worry about that. We wouldn't set foot back in this so-called restaurant. A horrible experience and would be the last place I would recommend in SteamBoat. If you want a good meal, go to the Boat House a little further east on Yampa Ave.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hole in the wall restaurant/bar has great Ribs! We had the regular and rubbed. Both were excellent! Simple, casual, and good food and Cold Bud! Can't get much better!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This backstreet hideout is a true gem! Have never found food like it anywhere else! Love the Chicken Lips sandwich - add links to it for a kick -- eat the fries while their hot and be sure and add the BBQ sauce! Make sure you have CASH - although they have an ATM onsite!