“Awesome for kids!”

Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours is a family owned and operated dog sled tour business located outside Oak Creek, CO - 45 minutes from Steamboat Springs and 1 hour 15 minutes from the Vail Valley . We treat every guest like a member of our family! Our adventures are an intimate, personalized and completely hands-on experience from start to finish. If you want to get away from the busy slopes for a day and experience something truly unique, Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours is the operation for you! We operate on gorgeous Dunckley Pass in the Routt National Forest and our scenery can't be beat. Colorado's # 1 choice in dog sled adventures!
“Awesome for kids!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just got back from our amazing tour with Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours. Sarah and Dan were incredible hosts and took the time to share all aspects of dog sledding with our 8, 7 and 7 year old kids. They learned about appropriate ways to approach and interact with their incredibly friendly sled dogs (the pack includes a few Iditarod racers!), helped harness the team, learned about sledding safety, got to ride the runners with Sarah during the tour and even helped feed the team after the tour. A picture-perfect day in a pristine setting with beautiful scenery and a great mid-tour break in the warming cabin with hot chocolate and brownies. It's a day our kids will never forget -- thanks again Sarah and Dan and we definitely recommend this tour!!

Visited February 2013

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Fun for All Ages”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

After speaking with every other dog sled operation in and around Steamboat Springs I was extremely discouraged by the prospects until I stumbled upon Snow Buddy's phone number. Sarah and Dan Piano, were a breath of fresh air compared to the all-business attitude I encountered elsewhere.

We rented 2 sleds for our party of 3 adults and one child and it made for an unforgettable experience. Sarah mushed one sled while my mom, husband and I all took turns mushing the other team of huskies... it was so flipping rad! My son loved the dogs and was so warm and comfortable during the rides that he actually fell asleep in the sled, snuggling the stuffed Husky toy Sarah had so thoughtfully brought for his birthday, which we were celebrating that day.

The Snow Buddy tour weaves through the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, a gorgeous spot just outside Steamboat featuring aspen forests, breathtaking views and a serene atmosphere. I have heard that other tours in the area take you around Stagecoach Reservoir, which is a treeless swath of land (and water) surrounded by houses; no rival for the sylvan backdrop found on Dunkley Pass.

Additionally, I want to make it clear that it was just my family on the Snow Buddy tour, there was not a fleet of sleds or herds of dogs or groups of other people waiting for turns. Sarah knew all of the 20+ dogs by name, without hesitation, and takes a very compassionate and humane stance when it comes to her sled dogs, seeing them as much more than livestock.

I can't express fully how pleased I am with the Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tour, it was truly an experience of a lifetime. Please support this small business, you will not be disappointed!

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fantastic Experience. If you want an intimate and tranquil experience with your family or friends, this is the place to go. This is NOT your typical tourist trap experience. This mom and pop operation provides a sense of adventure not matched by larger businesses. Sarah and Dan's connection with their dog team creates a more personal and laid-back environment. We all felt like part of the team and not just a bunch of tourists. The venue is great. We brought our 3 year old son. Dogs loved him.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Miotch433
Tampa, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My Dad and I went dog sledding with Sarah and Dan at the end of December 2012 and it was an awesome and unforgettable experience! Everything including preparation, organization, equipment, knowledge, experience, professionalism, animal care and compassion was top notch from Sarah and Dan. They allow you to be involved with the surrounding aspects of dog sledding and love teaching you as much as you can handle.
The area up around Dunckley Pass is a perfect spot for dog sledding and really shows off their dogs' truly amazing abilities. Each and every dog is extremely well cared for and has been excellently trained. All dogs are people-friendly and love any attention you give them.
Communication with Sarah and Dan, starting before booking the date, and all the way through was very responsive and helpful.
I can only imagine the amount of work they go through to make these adventures possible, but you can see that they love what they do. I would recommend Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours to anyone looking for a winter adventure!

Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
“The best dog sledding in Colorado!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and two friends could not wait to spend a day in the snow with Snow Buddy! Sarah and Dan were so accommodating and allowed us to help with the dogs! Sarah took us around and introduced us to all the dogs and told us thier stories! The dogs were so friendly and loving! Dog sledding is something I never thought I would try, but I am totally hooked now! It was a great ride, perfect scenery, and top notch training and expertise from Sarah and Dan from Snow Buddy. We will be back!!

P.S: if you do a day trip, order the pulled pork sandwich...it's phenomenal.