“"Great facility with friendly and professional staff"”

The Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Come play with us! The Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs is a public tennis facility located in the mountain area of Steamboat Springs, adjacent to the base of the Wildhorse Gondola (the smaller gondola.) Our facility offers both indoor and outdoor courts - including 6 outdoor hydrocourt clay courts, 4 outdoor hard courts, and 6 RSS 500 cushioned indoor hard courts. We have demo rackets, a pro shop, and offer private and group instruction. We can also set up games for you while you are visiting. In 2011, the Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs was named the USTA National Tennis Facility of the Year.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been playing tennis for about 25 years at competitive level and have been at many facilities in different countries and I must say that this is one of the best tennis facilities I've seen. The Tennis Center at Steamboat is unique in that it is both an indoor outdoor facility, offering two types of hard-court surfaces and very well kept clay-courts. The staff at the tennis center is very helpful and friendly and very professional. It's always a pleasure to visit this place!

2  Thank nsiuol
There are newer reviews for The Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs

Reviewed September 10, 2013

During my recent stay in Steamboat, I was able to spend a bit of time at the Tennis Center, taking group and individual lessons - both of which were excellent. My individual lessons were taught by Bill who was very friendly, but also focused and efficient with his tips. Aside from being productive, spending time at the tennis center was a nice way to meet people around Steamboat. I recommend Bill and the Tennis Center for anyone rolling through town.

Ben

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If anyone in your family plays tennis or wants to learn, The Tennis Center should be the "tipping point" for deciding to take your vacation in Steamboat Springs. This is superior facility with an excellent professional staff and great courts both indoors and out. Voted "USTA Tennis Facility of the Year" in 2011, it's hard to believe that a small mountain town could have a world class tennis center - but it's true! Recently my 11 and 13 year old grandsons took a lesson and when it was over I congratulated the pro on one of the best kids lessons I'd ever witnessed. Oh yes, free demos, friendly, helpful staff, pro stringing and locker rooms. Another Steam gem.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My son spent 2 weeks in Steamboat training at The Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs. Bill Conway, Head Pro, created a training schedule for him that included private lessons with a pro, hitting with D1 college players and junior programs. My son loved playing on hard and clay courts. One of the first things he said when he got home was he wanted to go back next summer. Thanks to all at the tennis center.

Loretta C, Director of Sales at The Tennis Center at Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

We are so happy that your grandsons had an interesting and enjoyable lesson while visiting our great town of Steamboat Springs! We look forward to having them again sometime soon.
We appreciate you taking time to complete a review on TripAdvisor!
Loretta

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well organized for such a large draw and we all got lucky with no rain! The staff was helpful and dedicated to tennis fun!

We are so glad you were able to participate in our tournament and that you had a fun time! Please mark your calendar for next year as we'd love to have you back for more.