“Great food, sevice glitches” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant

Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a from scratch, farm-focused restaurant bringing you hand-crafted cuisine using carefully sourced products from local and regional farms and ranches whenever possible. Our chef and staff are passionate about the ever growing local movement.
Athens
“Great food, sevice glitches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

A group of 8 of us ate at Sweet Pea and had a great time: good "farm soured" food well cooked. The only issues were due to service: we were 30 minutes late being seated for our reservations; a number of items on the menu were not available; there was a long wait between our salads and our man courses. But we were "comped" on our cocktails for the delays and the staff was very gracious. The problem may have been that they weren't adequately staffed/sourced for the July 4th weekend. We'd return!

• Visited July 2014

Salem, Massachusetts
“Trifecta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed several meals here on holiday and enjoyed all around. The Trifecta Salad is a winning combination; Bobby's skills at the bar and genuine hospitality should be recognized. Added perks include: the best river front seats in town; live music heard at just the right volume from the neighboring restaurant; blankets offered on cooler evenings.

Boulder
“Not impressed with the Sweet Pea Market & Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

My sisters and I ate at the Sweet Pea Restaurant July 2nd for dinner based on recommendations plus we wanted to eat on the river. The riverside location is great and we chose this place primarily for that reason. Our drinks were good, no complaints there. We ordered 2 meals: the bison burger with fries and the 1/2 chicken. The bison burger was perfect and very tasty, cooked perfectly but I was not impressed with the fries. We all thought they were undercooked and could not taste the "garlic". The 1/2 chicken looked good until my sisters cut into it and saw that it was not completely cooked and had to send it back to the kitchen. The vegetables that came with their meal were very good. For a $24 chicken meal---disappointing to say the least. I visit Steamboat several times a year but I don't plan on going back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cjespinoza
Charleston, South Carolina
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The french fries are amazing! The river runs by and provides a beautiful view from the outside seating. The salad trio provides for a wonderful sample of the yummy salads offered. The trout tacos were interesting and good dish. The server was extremely friendly and offered great suggestions about the menu.

Visited June 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful setting for a healthy lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stopped here after a hike and enjoyed everything about it. We sat right next to the river. Lunch menu was brief but creative. My husband had trout tacos and I had a beet and goat cheese salad. We both cleaned our plates. The server was prompt and pleasant.

My only critique is that I was hungry only about an hour after I ate my lunch. Admittedly, we had a pretty active day; but, I don't expect that after a restaurant meal-- at restaurant prices. They either need to add a little more protein or give you some bread or something to munch on while you're waiting.

• Visited June 2014