“Overpriced, food fair, river ambiance”
Review of Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant - CLOSED

Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a from scratch, farm-focused restaurant bringing you hand-crafted cuisine using carefully sourced products from local and regional farms and ranches whenever possible. Our chef and staff are passionate about the ever growing local movement.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recommended by a local, we tried it out. I had the ham and Swiss ($11) and garlic fries (another $2!). The local ham was tasteless and fatty (even had to spit some out--too grisly). Fries were good. My wife's hamburger was dry and bland too. her "natural salad" was greens with a splash of oil and vinegar--kind of like rabbit food. Including tip, it was over $32 (and we didn't even buy drinks!). I've had better sandwiches and burgers at Port O' Subs and Wendy's. For half the price. Okay, we sat by a river. I guess it's about location, location, location. I wouldn't go back or recommend it.

SweetPeaMarket, Owner at Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take all reviews seriously. We have a new beef purveyor, 5280 Beef. Again thanks for bringing that to my attention. I am glad you enjoyed the river front deck.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Terrible service, and they weren't that busy. Veggie & fish entree were very good. People in our group really liked the burgers. Nice drink choices. Unfortunately, service was so poor & mismatched to what they are trying to pull off. Probably won't return.

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously. It was very helpful to hear that the server was not doing his job. We strive to improve Sweet Pea Restaurant.
-Katherine

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped at the Sweet Pea to have a couple of drinks. We sat at the nice quaint little bar area they had. Nikki, the bartender, was great, great attitude, great people person. She was very busy due to the ProAm Bike race that was in town yet she found the time to talk with us about the area and life in general. While we were there EVERYONE was very nice to us. Pretty much the whole staff stopped to talk to us at one time or another. We ended up staying there for a few hours just because of Nikki.We were somewhat sitting by the kitchen and though we didn't eat there the food looked sooo good. Thank you Nikki for showing us a good time.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

OK, it was a busy Sunday afternoon when I visited, and the kitchen was obviously understaffed. I placed a carry out order, and after waiting 40 minutes was told they had no idea how much longer it would be. They were good about refunding my money, though, but what a waste of time while being really hungry.

I will never go back.

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously. We a very sorry for the bad service and most importantly you never got your to go order! Yes we were very understaffed after our line cook walked off the job.
If you are ever back, I would most definitely will treat you to a meal!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food is truly not that fresh or tasty or healthy... Sorry, but all other reviews led me here with high hopes that were dashed. Burgers burnt on outside , frenchfries , even the garlic ones, not cooked right and not worth the calories. Awful. 'Healthy quinoa kale salad' waste of $ make t t home instead it'll be way better especially if you use fresh green males rather than wilted yellowish kale...hummus appetizer with tahini olive tapenade salad was excellent order this!!! Maybe I'm too picky, but even though the hummus trifecta plate was very good, the rest if the food was a huge disappointment. I was looking for healthy and fresh. It ain't here baby!

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously. We have since then changed chefs and have changed the menu for the better. Thanks again for bringing your negative experience to my attention.