“Don't want to cook? Call The Drunken Onion”
Review of The Drunken Onion

The Drunken Onion
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Drunken Onion provides fresh and wholesome “get & go” meals for people looking for convenience without compromise. Enjoy homemade Heat & Serve Take Home Meals such as Take n Bake pizzas, pastas, soups, salads. Grab n Go Lunches. And Catering for your next special event, wedding or vacation home stay.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We own a condo on the mountain and often don't want to cook after a long day in the mountains. This is the place to go! They have excellent food prepared by a chef with easy re-heating instructions to take home.

This winter we called ahead for a meal for 8 and ordered lasagna. When we told them my son has an egg allergy they checked their pasta which "may" contain egg. They immediately went to the grocery store and with in 10 minutes had bought pasta without egg. That evening we enjoyed an amazing meal and all we had to do was turn on the oven. We are as impressed with the people who work at the Drunken Onion as we are the food. We will always keep coming back for more!

1  Thank 1pilotmd
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

1pilotMD, It was our pleasure to cater for your family, and no problem at all to take a few extra steps to ensure everyone in your group could be well fed and happy! We look forward to serving your family again soon! - Ben

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have lived in Steamboat for a couple of years and I have visited The Drunken Onion many, many times. It is the perfect place to go for food that is delicious and convenient. I think I have probably tried every single thing they have to offer and have never been disappointed. The best time to go there is definitely at lunchtime when they serve up incredibly tasty sandwiches and salads. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I also recommend the cheese pizza. It is perfect for kids but adults love it too. They have a great variety of take home and heat up meals. And as a big plus the staff is incredible. Everyone that works there is so nice to me every time I go in, especially the owner who is kind to every customer whether they are a local or just passing through. So, whether you are just visiting or you have lived in town for awhile, be sure to check out The Drunken Onion.

1  Thank Lindsey H
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Lindsay H, Wow! What a great review. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write this. Perhaps you had time because we have saved you time by cooking for you (wink)! Sincerely - thank you! It's people like you that are the reason we do what we do - and love doing it. - Ben

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My lifetime dream is to come home from a long day in the office to a professional chef whipping up something delicious and healthy...knowing this is far-fetched I have found the Drunken Onion to be a close second! After work I can swing by and get a delicious meal for a reasonable price ranging from rotisserie chicken with veggies to enchilladas...and everything has been wonderfully seasoned and fresh! And the homemade ice cream is a must!

Plus, I have been using the Drunken Onion for catering events. They are professional and creative...and willing to work within a vareity of price points. This year for the holidays, I had the whole family in town and decided to actually enjoy myself rather than being locked in the kitchen - Drunken Onion delivered our Christmas Eve meal and we all RAVED about it!

Bonus - the customer service is outstanding too!

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

BoatDweller, THANK YOU! We are thrilled to to know that you were able to relax and be the guest at your own party (especially at Christmas time)! Can't wait to whip up another fabulous meal for your friends, family and colleagues. ...Or just a sandwich any day of the week! - Ben

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had a catered event, it was just an awful mush of everything together with lots of onions. Not a quality, rather quantity with unappetizing presentation.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

SillyMe2, We strive to be the best caterer around, to make healthy, delicious sandwiches, and to make people's lives easier by creating healthy, homemade grab n go meals for both locals and guests of Steamboat alike.

Unfortunately, it seems that we did not make you happy. And, unfortunately I do not know which event we catered for you because your review is very succinct, and have not ever had a conversation with any catering clients who mentioned bad 'onions.'

Sadly it seems that you have had bad experiences with most places you visited in Steamboat - with most of your 50 reviews having very, very low ratings out of 5. I hope you find more good food, better lodging and have more fun in your future travels as it sounds like you didn't have much fun in general while in Steamboat. Best of luck! - Ben

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Drunken Onion offers awesome carry out food when you don't feel like dining out. After a full day of skiing or hiking, DO allowed us to enjoy the hot tubs and relax, but still have a great dinner. Love this spot.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

CCC4, We're super stoked to know that our customers have more time to relax, soak in the hot tub and enjoy friends and family. We are in business because we love cooking for people. Knowing it is more than just about a good meal makes it even more worthwhile! - Ben