“Great stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The hotel was a great example of its class of hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was clean and fresh. The Hampton free breakfast was well prepared.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your comments to the entire staff. I do believe we have the best staff in steamboat and our breakfast is top notch.

Thanks again.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

I must say, i was pleasantly surprised. We booked this last minute for a quick one-night stay. We were upgraded to a suite, which gave us plenty of room to spread out all of our stuff! The bathroom was clean, the bed was comfy, the showers were hot, the wifi was free, the free waffle bar at breakfast was tasty, and the pool and hot tub were terrific. What more could we ask for? The price was very reasonable for ski season. My only quibble was the old-fashioned hotel heater unit under the window. It cycled on and off (quite noisily) every 10 mins. or so, which was not ideal for sleeping. But otherwise, everything was great.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed everything that our hotel had to offer. I do apologize for the heater. I had my Chief Engineer check on this issue today and it has been repaired. It is my hope that when you return to Steamboat that you and your family stay with us again.

Have a great 2011!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2011

Heaven on Earth is what Steamboat Springs is like ! This Hotel is top of the line .The staff is very courteous. I would stay there again !!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I enjoyed the photo as well. Great picture from atop the mountain.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Steamboat Springs.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I am hesitant to write a review because I don't want this hotel to get so busy we can't get a reservation. After ten years of having a mountain home we decided to see and ski other resorts. But after our first trip to Steamboat, and staying at this hotel we were spoiled. I always wanted to be ski-in ski-out, but with the door to slopes van service I have my cake and eat it too. Actually I mean cookies....the chocolate chip cookies that are ready when we walk in the door after a day of skiing is appreciated. The breakfast service is perfect. Chris the manager runs a very impressive hotel and his staff reflect it. The Missirlian Family will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Thank you so much for the great review. I was pleased to read that we made your first trip to Steamboat a fantastic one. Thank you again for the kind words and I will pass them along to the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

We booked this trip at the last minute, and we were fortunate to get in. Chris Calvin, the GM, treats everyone like they are family. He comes in early, greets guest by name as they come in for breakfast, and socializes with guests and visitors alike. This "customer first" attitude carries all the way down to his staff. Each one of the desk managers were friendly and remembered me by name. The custodial staff greeted me each time they saw me with a smile. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the PILLOWS were top notch. You wouldn't believe how many Hilton properties I stay in that have cheap pi;llows. Hampton Inn Steamboat is the best!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Thank you so much for the great reveiw and comments. I am so happy to read that your stay with us was fantastic. The staff and I really do appreciate your comments and cant wait for you to visit us again. Have a great 2011 and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

Our stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites was one of the best things about our Christmas vacation. The staff was great allways ready, with helpful information and sugestions to help make our stay one of the best ever! The shuttle back and forth to the ski area saved me plenty of time and money on parking alone, Christ was always just a phone call way, for pick up. I would stay here anytime I ever travel back to Steamboat Springs, in the future. Great Place !

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

Thank you so much for your review and the great comments. Our shuttle service is just of the many things that make our hotel a "GEM". We look forward to having you back next time you come to Steamboat.

Have a great 2011!!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Stay here is you want the standard Hampton Inn experience. Nothing fancy, but nothing negative. Good value if you have a corporate discount rate like I did. There is a shuttle to take you to the lifts, which appears to run frequently. Hotel is located halfway between old town and ski area. We had a clogged shower drain, which was promptly repaired the next day.
Breakfast is good despite the constant stream of people crashing the kitchen. the ladies stocking the kitchen do a fine job keeping up. Unfortunately, some guests show up for breakfast in their pajamas and they are not the types of people who I would like to see first thing in the morning after they have been beaten by the ugly stick. People, please, this is not your own house....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Thank you so much for the great review. We take pride in our service and it shows. We have the added value by having a great, full hot breakfast each and every morning. Thank you again for your comments and we wih you a great 2011.