All reviews hot apple cider third floor king suite complimentary breakfast close to downtown ski area ski lodge fresh fruit each morning great place to stay no elevator in town yampa river free shuttle heated pool shuttle service ski season
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2019

We stayed at the hotel several years ago on our touring/ski holiday and were so looking forward to returning and also to do some skiing, unfortunately my husband and I caught the flu at the start of our holiday and during our 3 days stay we were still getting over it and feeling extremely sorry for ourselves as skiing was definitely out of the question. The room we were given initially was rather small so we explained the situation to the guy at reception who upgraded us to a suite which was ideal for “hunkering down” in and for generally feeling sorry for ourselves in!! (A tip for the rooms is that there are lots of styles and different sizes, the smaller was fine if we were skiing and just needed a bed to sleep in, so would be safer to ask if a small room is going to disappoint you). The room was very clean, well maintained and comfortable. Breakfast was on until 10am so we could have a lie in. All the staff were extremely friendly and looked after us really well, a special thankyou to Tyler from housekeeping whose lovely smile in the morning and friendly chat helped lift our spirits a little when we were feeling quite miserable and our requests for him to clean our room whilst we were out for breakfast was done immediately and with a smile....even having time to leave a duck created out of a towel for us in the room to cheer us up! We are planning to return for a “do over” holiday in the next year or so and also arranging for flu shots before we come! N.B. Level 2 is accessed by elevator, to get to level 3 you have to go up a flight of stairs (internal). You are either near a main road or railway but would only effect the lightest of sleepers. The hotel shuttle bus will take you to the ski slopes and back, there is a locker room for ski and boots which is only accessed by your room key.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Hello Rita and thank you so much for the wonderful review! I was sorry to hear that you had the flu while staying with us but I was extremely pleased to hear the staff took such great care of you! I will make sure to pass along your comments to Tyler as this will truly brighten his day. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed February 3, 2019

After extensive use of Hampton hotels in the past, I was disappointed in this one. On the plus side, the staff and breakfast were great. On the minus side, the bed was hard, not up to Hampton's normal standards, and the hotel is located near a railroad crossing, which got very loud at 3 am and 1:30 am on the first 2 nights of my stay, since my room faced the tracks. Also my king room was quite small and didn't have a refrigerator, which I had expected for the price I paid. The hotel got many glowing reviews, but my experience wasn't as positive.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Hello Kevin and thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear you were not 100% satisfied with your recent stay with us. We are currently working with the city to implement a silent crossing next to the hotel so we do not hear the train horn in the night. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. If you choose to visit us again in the future, please contact us in advance and we would be more than happy to reserve a suite for you that includes a microwave and refrigerator. Thank you again and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed February 3, 2019

This hotel is a great value for the area. We stayed here on a ski trip. The complimentary breakfast was good. There were three hot tubs to use outside. They have a free shuttle to the ski resort. We had a two bedroom with sofa sleeper suite. It was one of the largest hotel rooms I have ever been in. It had a huge storage closet, which was great for clothes and skis (they also have a free ski locker). We also had two bathrooms in our room. Overall, great value and property in a great location equal distance between downtown Steamboat and the ski resort.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It was truly our pleasure having you with us! I have shared your comments with the entire staff and your kind words truly made their day! Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Great stay at the Hampton. Hotel is a bit tired but the staff made up for it. REBECCA, Charlie, Kyle .... ...they all took such great care of us. They provide a shuttle to the mountain every day and that is super convenient. The public bus system is used by the locals and we ended up using it every day to go to town. Super easy, safe, was great not having a car.
Much more low key than our Park City ski trips which was a really nice change. Will absolutely go back to Steamboat and stay at the Hampton.

The staff was always so helpful in giving us restaurant tips, activities for the kids.... such a pleasurable stay!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I was truly pleased to hear the staff took such great care of you! We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations and look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed January 24, 2019

This is always my go-to Steamboat hotel. I almost hate to say this because that just makes it more popular. The staff works like a family; it is a very warm inviting group of people and this gets passed along to guests and it shows in how the hotel is managed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was truly our pleasure having you with us! I have shared your comments with the entire staff and your kind words truly made their day! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time!