“Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Steamboat was perfect!”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
New Hampshire
“Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Steamboat was perfect!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

As a very frequent business traveler (100 hotel stays a year), I spend a significant amount of time away from my family. So, when we do have an opportunity to get away and enjoy some vacation time together, it is very important to us for everything to work out as planned. And, our stay at this Hampton met that and exceeded our expectations. The room was newly renovated (looked brand new), large and very clean. The heat/air system was quiet enough that you could run it all night without even noticing it was on. The breakfast in the morning was always out early and maintained. The staff at the front desk was very helpful, and we appreciated their attention to any questions we had (snowhoe rentals, restaurants, etc.). Lastly, the location of the hotel is very convenient. It is located between the ski area and the downtown area and far enough off the main road to be quiet.

We went to the Hampton because we wanted to spend a nice week skiing and spending time in the outdoors together but wanted to cut back a bit in a difficult economic time. With that, we expected that we may be walking into a routine chain hotel. This Hampton does not fill that description in any way. For one, it doesn't look like the standard Hampton Inn, and the personnel on site recognized that we were there for vacation and not for a business trip. They made our time at their property perfect.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, April 2, 2010
Thank you so much for the great review. The entire staff appreciates all your kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Steamboat where we stayed at the Hampton Inn using points I had accumulated from years of travel. The positives of the hotel - the location midway between the mtn and town was very convenient - the bus picks up on the main road to take you to either and runs every few minutes. In addition, Eloy, who is just a really sweet and helpful man, runs a route from the hotel to the mtn in the am and back down again at the end of the day. He will even run you into town if no one is waiting to go to/from the mtn. Do tip him a couple of $$. That was really super! The room was very clean - no complaint there. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - another plus. The breakfast was decent and filling - best of all - free. We liked the bagel toppers in particular. Another wonderful thing are the tasty cookies that come out in the afternoon - warm from the oven. We loved the 3(!) hot tubs - and I even went swimming in the heated pool. That was a great way to soothe our aching muscles.

Now for the negatives - I am a VERY LIGHT sleeper - so take these comments with that in mind. We stayed on the 2nd floor. The people above us had 2 small children (I think 4 and 6 yrs old) - they woke up every day at 5am and seemed to be running around sounding like a herd of cattle with their ski boots on. The walls and floor are not well insulated or designed so it was quite loud. Couple that with the train that occasionally comes by and instead of blowing his whistle once at each crossing, just lays on it between the two. The heater sounded like a jet plane taking off in the room and made this noise approx every 10 min. We also had a fireplace which in conjunction with the powerful heater made the room probably 100 degrees - not fun for a menopausal woman! My freezebaby husband liked that though. Also, our room was very small - kind of like a cruise ship where 2 people could not pass by without one sitting down. In fairness to the hotel, we were offered an upgrade, but FreezeBaby wanted his fireplace, and the upgrade didn't include one.

Another complaint was the speed at which the breakfast bar food was replaced. It seemed like the poor girl could not keep up. There were a couple of large groups staying in the hotel, so as soon as she would put something out, it would disappear. I don't think it was her fault - I just think she could have used some help. The front desk did not seem busy then and should have pitched in.

Finally, be careful walking in the parking lot. I fell flat on my face coming back from dinner. I did not see the ice and hurt my knee, arm, hand, elbow, and ribs. It was my only fall of the trip and it happened in the parking lot!

All in all, the hotel was fine because we used points (free). I probably am a bit more picky though because I treasure my sleep and really didn't get much for the 3 nights we were there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
I wanted to take this time to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate your comments. I would like to disuss your review in more detail. Please e-mail me at christopher.calvin@hilton.com

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Parker, CO
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I traveled with my 2 young adult sons and we stayed in a room with 3 beds (king and 2 twins). The sleeping areas were separated by the bathroom so I could go to bed early and not be bothered by their TV. The lobby and breakfast area is extremely welcoming. We love Steamboat and have stayed at this hotel at least 4 times.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is wonderful to know that you had a great visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Denver
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I stayed here for about 4-5 months and cause I absolutely love the hotel. For my extended stay I was treated as a valued customer and friend. I cannot say enough good things about the staff here. Chris the hotel manager went out of his way to make sure everything was up to par. I had packages delivered weekly and he or his staff would always notify me immediately when they arrived. If I could not make it back there, he would safely store my packages till I arrived. Diane and Liana were always a pleasure to speak with and always went out of there way to make sure I was comfortable. No matter how nice a hotel is if you have a bad staff you will not enjoy your stay. At the Hampton Inn Steamboat you will never have to worry about that here.

I stayed in the King Suites and they are very nice rooms. Flat screen Tv's, breakfast bar, sofa, etc. They have a very contemporary design, and even different pillows (firm/soft) for you to choose from. The hot breakfast in the morning was always different, and very economical to be included in your rate. There were many things to choose from yogurt, cereal, bacon, eggs, sausage, and fresh fruit. They have a very nice workout room where I spent alot of time in. They have a treadmill, ellipticle machine, weight machine and they even had a nice set of freeweights.

I have to say if I am ever in Steamboat again, this is the place I will stay bar none! In fact now in my travels I always seek out a Hampton Inn to stay in. It might not be able to rival the staff up in Steamboat, but I know I can expect a quality stay. Thanks for everything Hampton Inn & Suites!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel. It is my hope that we will see you again soon.

dallas
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I had such a wonderful experience at this hotel, from the time I checked in to when I checked out. Everyone was so willing to do everything they could to make our stay the best it could be. As a very frequent business traveler and Hilton Honors member, Liana Smith was so sweet to give me an upgrade to a beautiful suite, the various front desk folks helped me with miscellaneous items throughout my stay and Diane Hull was very helpful resolving my concern with my billing concern when checking out. Overall, this was one of the best stays at a Hilton propery I have ever experienced, and as I mentioned, I stay at one most weeks out of the year. Thank you Hampton Inn at Steamboat Springs for taking care of us and ensuring our time here was fantastic!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments and the kind words regarding the staff. I will pass them along to the entire staff. I hope you visit us again next time you are in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We were there over President's weekend for a ski trip. Accomodations were excellent. We arrived early and were planning on meeting some friends and were allowed to access our room prior to the listed 4:30 check-in time. We had a small issue right away (latch bolt on room door was broken off) that was fixed within minutes. Beds were more than comfy, we had a suite with a King bed and two singles, perfect for our two ski-age girls. The heated outdoor pool and spas were great! The girls loved swimming in the snow. The pool itself could be warmer from my perspective but the girls didn't seem to mind. Ski Equipment room was a great addition to go along with the property's shuttle to the ski resort. Our room was #238 which is right off the main lobby, however we never heard a noise from the lobby, even at Breakfast when the buffett was out. Along with the great service from the driver (Eloy) the Steamboat transit system stops basically in the driveway to the hotel off Lincoln Ave. We didn't use it, but saw lots of other guests using it. It was the perfect set up for us and we would definitely be back. It's close enough to both town and the Resort area but yet far enough away from both that you don't have to deal with the traffic and noise. We will definitely return on our next visit to Steamboat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great comments. I am happy to read that your stay with us was fantastic. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I'd be giving this hotel a full five stars were it not for a couple of minor aspects I'll get to shortly. However, most of what I have to say is really positive - as a Hilton Gold member, I'm also fairly familiar with Hilton properties and what to expect when booking a stay.

This Hampton had some really nice extras I thought made it a tremendous deal, especially when you consider its location - smack dab in the middle of a very expensive, very popular resort town. While I'm thinking of location, I'll mention this - this Hampton is just about halfway between the town of Steamboat Springs, with its restaurants, shopping and Winter Carnival (if you come the first week of Feb.) and the ski resort. The bus outside comes literally about every five minutes and we had no trouble at all getting anywhere we needed to go, be it in the city or near the resort. The shuttle from Hampton to the ski slopes was super-easy and was ready nearly instantly when we needed it. Transit was a piece of cake overall, which saved us about $400 in not having to rent a car. We used it a lot, too, sampling several different restaurants in different parts of town.

This Hampton featured three (!) well-heated hot tubs and a heated swimming pool - more than enough room for us and the people who arrived on the weekend to party. We wish the policy of 'no alcohol poolside' had been enforced more strenuously, but it might have been had we chosen to go inside and tell the hotel staff about the beer party we witnessed going on outside - which was hardly their fault.

The bed in the room was incredibly comfortable - and much appreciated by two middle-aged folks who don't ski that often. We were upgraded to a king suite, which featured a kitchenette, roll out bed and TWO TV sets, which almost seemed overabundant. The ventilation here - something often overlooked by hotel maintenance - was GREAT. Our room was toasty on a night it was nine (!) degrees, but not stuffy or muggy. Much appreciated.

The water pressure was plentiful and hot water was abundant. This hotel was reeeeally quiet, which may have been that we were there during a less-popular week for skiing, but we had no issues at all with being awakened by other guests or by the traffic outside (our room faced busy Lincoln Avenue). We did hear a train whistle in the hallway at one point, but couldn't hear it from our room at all.

The shuttle drivers in particular were really friendly and very helpful with recommendations and information. Hotel manager Julio went out of his way to assure we had a terrific stay. There's a small shop near the front desk with toiletries and snacks - open 24 hours. Loved it.

The ONLY criticisms I have involved the breakfast buffet and minor room features. We felt the breakfast wasn't very fresh. The hot-bar food served was sometimes tepid and the fruit compote was actually still frozen one morning we were there. The juice was cut with water, also. At least there was a lot of variety - I ate yogurt and cereal on mornings the buffet food wasn't so good. Also, there wasn't a bathtub in our room - only a shower - it would have been nice to be able to soak in privacy after a ski run. It was a little dark in there, too - only one lamp for a full half of the suite.

However, these were the only issues we had and would stay here again. In fact, we plan to - as soon and as often as possible ;)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks again for the great review. We are working hard on making breakfast better each and every day. Look for new breakfast items this summer at all Hampton Hotels.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Steamboat Springs, Colorado