“Steamboat - It's closer than you think!”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Love Steamboat and we always stay at the Hampton Inn in Steamboat. The breakfast is great, main lobby so comfortable, and the late afternoon snack is a treat. It's a good location and the kids love the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! It is an honor to know you choose our hotel when you visit Steamboat Springs. I have shared your kind comments with the entire staff and they all send a generous thank you for your review. As always, we love having you and look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. When we checked in, we were surprised with an upgrade to a suite. Very Nice!! It was very spacious and very clean. There were two bathrooms and truly there was enough room for a kitchenette if they are so inclined. The hotel was quite and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and the usual fare. The woman that cared for the buffet was very prompt to add more food and clean tables. It was very busy while we were staying due to a marathon. I was initially worried as we were on the backside of the hotel and there is an active train no more than 100 yards away. Never heard it during the night. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a suite if they area available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you and your family with us during such a special event! Your wonderful review has been shared with the entire staff and they were delighted to hear your kind words. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

As a person who stays in hotels 4 nights a week this was truly a disappointment. Although the views are spectacular (during the day) the rooms were extremely small with more oversized furniture than needed.

Small things add up, the lamp and coffee pots were not plugged in and of course there wasn't a plug in close. I'm not sure I would have used the coffee pot as the top was broken off so who knows what might be living or decaying in the bottom. Very thin walls and floors as you could hear everything happening in the halls, in the room above and below.

Breakfast area had 4 that is right 4 tables and a 8 person counter. The other seating area was the over stuffed lounge chairs with a coffee table. Would be easier to eat off your lap than to use the furniture.

I would have rated this lower but the rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Won't stay again if I have a choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. However, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your overall stay. I have shared your comments with the entire staff to make sure they understand the issues you experienced. The Rooms Division Manager along with our Chief Engineer will be going through each room to make sure all of the lamps and coffee pots are in working order. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and we will continue to work hard to reach this goal.

Our hotel consists of over 13 different room types, including rooms that are as big as 700 sq ft. If you choose to visit Steamboat Springs again, please call me personally and I would be more than happy to reserve one of these larger rooms for you on the third floor. If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. My direct email is Diane.White@Hilton.com or you can reach me at 970-871-8900. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn as a base for a house search. Originally booked because we are Hilton Honors members and figured getting some more stays made sense. The hotel was a good value and the service at the front desk was above what you would expect. As an example Charlie at the front desk on Sunday morning remembered we had gone to the fitness center and asked if we had left a book there. We were also upgraded since there was rooms available. Rooms are clean and well stocked with the courtesy supplies and coffee maker. On Sunday morning they kept the breakfast bar refilled so no one appeared the be waiting for food.

Room Tip: Suggest a room on the north side, you will get some road noise from Hwy. 40 but the railroad tracks...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was able to take good care of you. Charlie is one of our top front desk agents and I am delighted to know he made such an impression on you. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My Husband and I were just amazed at the wonderful ambience/coziness of your facility. The breakfast was always so good, and we were always asked if we needed any help. Really loved the main floor with TV, fireplace and nice furniture to sit in. The room was so wonderful. We were offered a free upgrade which was so nice. We had two king beds, two bathrooms, sofa bed, table and chairs, and a single person chair,I assume it was a business suite. We were there for our daughters wedding so we were able to accommodate everyone to hang out. The wedding was very small and intimate (ten people) so our room was very accommodating. We really enjoyed having coffee, tea, hot chocolate and apple cider available at all times, as well as cookies and hot apple cider in a crockpot mid-afternoon. Hampton-Inn and Suites sure made our stay amazing. Thanks alot!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Wow! To be called amazing is such a high compliment and I cannot thank you enough! It was such a pleasure to have you and your family here for such a special event. Your kind words leave me with no doubt that we succeeded in exceeding you expectations which is always our goal. Thank you again for the fantastic review and we hope to see you next time!

A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute for the Steamboat Springs Oktoberfest. Got upgraded to a deluxe suite on arrival which was very nice and unexpected. Can be a bit noisy though bc we could hear kids in the hallway running and the shower in the room below us but otherwise, very nice, clean and centrally located for both the resort and downtown

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I am glad to hear the staff was able to take good care of you and get you an upgrade to our larger room; however, I am sorry to hear about the noise issue. I have shared your comments with the staff to see what we can do to resolve the noise issue. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights toward the end of September. I found many good things about the hotel that I liked and almost nothing to point a finger at. For example, I was pleased to note many readily available electrical outlets to keep everything recharged. Remember when hotels used to hide their outlets so you couldn't use their electricity? Not Hampton Inn at least. I just had a good shower before departing. The control arm had a very short throw that made it really easy not only to figure out but to instantly regulate any change in temperature you might want. Simple and easy to use--that's how they all should be! The water flow was generous and soothing. I have a big desk on which to write this review while my wife still sleeps in the other "room". Our room is even numbered and, therefore, on the Lincoln Avenue (I-40) side. We never did hear a train and the traffic noise was almost nonexistent. Best of all, probably, was the breakfast. It was as complete as at any hotel I've stayed in. There was plenty of seating on both "bars" and tables. I could picture it getting a bit crowded during ski season, though. The hotel seems to have been designed for skiers (why wouldn't it be?) so looks maybe a little different than what some travelers might expect. For example, one entrance to the hotel goes right through the laundry room. But think how convenient that could be for skiers! The only downer is a very tiny one. My wife asked a young lady for a couple extra pillows and told me she thought the person acted a bit disinterested and uncaring. I was seated at this very desk near the door when the young woman delivered the pillows and I caught only a glance at her. Even I was taken aback by the unfriendly look on her face. To me this just proves how hard it is to have a business that deals with the public. We wanted pillows. We got pillows. And yet... A tough business to be sure. One final thought. They offer cookies and fruit at the breakfast bar 24 hours a day. They had some hot cider out at least yesterday (perhaps all the time?) and my wife and I tried it--with every sip it got better and better. I'll especially be looking for more as we leave later this morning. All in all a great hotel where I would stay again in a heartbeat--especially with the very good price we are paying (which probably is higher in ski season?).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArtColorado
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our wonderful hotel from the rooms to the breakfast. We do offer many amenities including complimentary cider/flavored water along with fresh cookies every afternoon.
I have shared your review with the entire staff and they were delighted to hear of all the compliments. Your comments have also inspired them to work harder to exceed your expectations in customer service. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again!