“Great staff - clean rooms!”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here with a large group for a wedding. The rooms were clean. We loved the staff at the hotel. They are all very good people and very friendly. The complementary breakfast was really good, especially the eggs and potato day. You can walk into town from the hotel along the river. Good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am delighted to know our staff was able to reach this goal with you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Friendly service, clean hotel and a really great value in Steamboat Spings. Close to a bike/walking path, next to a river that will take you into downtown. And not just a typical continental breakfast, but hot items too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The nicest people work at this hotel! We were consistently asked how things were. The manager, food staff, housekeepers... All were great! Good value for the money. Comprehensive breakfast, different hot dish each morning of our stay. Comfy bed too!

Room Tip: Some rooms are not wheelchair accessible (stairs up). Our Gram couldn't come up to our room to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and taking the time to recognize the staff! They were delighted to hear such kind words! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and I am delighted we reached that goal. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites is right on the main road on the south side of town, but you have to turn on a side street to enter the parking lot. The lobby is one level up from the parking lot. I didn't need the elevator, so I didn't even look for it. As mentioned by another reviewer, the hotel has a big, open lobby and more of a lodge feel to it. The front desk staff was most courteous and eager to answer any questions about the area. The breakfast staff was also very good the next morning.
My room was very comfortable and had everything I expected. But, it would have been quieter on the other side of the building away from the highway. Light sleepers might be bothered by the noise of cars and trucks just a few yards away, but I never noticed anything after I fell asleep.
If you have difficulty with stairs, be sure you call and request a room that doesn't require you to use stairs from the inside corridor to your room.
I would definitely consider staying here again whenever I get a chance to be in Steamboat Springs again.

Room Tip: Light sleepers might be bothered by the noise of cars and trucks on the highway just a few yards awa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure accommodating you and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The next time you visit Steamboat Springs, please give us a call and we would be happy to book you a room on the other side of the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this property was! It has sort of a lodge feeling to it and I liked the open lobby. Check in was easy and fast. My room was large and had a comfortable bed, nice TV, and adequate for my needs.

The hotel staff seems very young and I expected them to care less about the guests, but they were actually very nice and helpful.

The major problem with this hotel is they have their smoking area right outside the front door. So anytime I walked into or out of the hotel, I had to breath in cigarette smoke. The smoke also went into the main lobby during breakfast in the morning. If I were this hotel, I would make the smoking area across highway 40 entirely off the property. Hello? This is Steamboat Springs where people come to enjoy the outdoors, exercise, and breath the fresh mountain air? Why even allow smoking on the property at all?

I also felt the breakfast offerings were lacking. If you have a non-GMO, organic diet then you might as well not even look at the food offered for breakfast because you won't find anything. The coffee was good though, but I passed on breakfast.

The hotel is located in a convenient area. My room was quiet and overall I had a pleasant stay. I would stay here again in the future and recommend it for those staying the night in Steamboat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed most of your stay. We are always looking for new ways to make our breakfast fantastic and we will take your suggestions and comments into account. Each of our guests are important and the staff and I will get together to reevaluate the smoking situation. We want to make sure the guests that smoke are able to do so and yet not interfere with the guests that do not smoke. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and we will do our best to rectify the situation. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

In Steamboat for our son's graduation. Staff was extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. Complimentary breakfast had many selections to choose from. Room was clean and quiet. Location was easy to find and access in and out was very easy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you so much Timothy for leaving such a wonderful review! The staff and I were pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Congratulations on the graduation and we hope to see you and your family next time!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are amazing in size, we had five people in our room with room for our suitcases to be left open in the walk-in closet. Wonderfully comfortable beds and pillows, great change from the other dozen or so hotels we had stayed in during our trip. Thank you so much, highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so much Debbie for this fantastic review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff and I appreciate the kind words you shared. As always, we look forward to seeing you next time. Thank you again!