“Decent chain hotel”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
“Decent chain hotel”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We needed a room for our family for a Saturday night. I booked in advance through HotWire (which was a very easy process). The room was handicapped accessible, although we did not require or request it. Everything seemed very clean. There was initially a very strong air-freshener/perfume smell, but my senses quickly acclimated and I didn't really notice it unless we left and returned. The facility has a 24-hour fitness room, although we didn't use it. It has outdoor hotubs (3) and an outdoor heated pool, which we did enjoy in the evening, even after the temps dropped to below zero. The complimentary breakfast was standard fare: passable, but nothing special. My only complaint was that although the beds were soft, I didn't sleep very well. I suspect because the bed was pretty bouncy and my husband and I probably woke each other up each time we moved. The pillows were soft, but small.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I understand there were a few issues with the room and I have made sure our Chief Engineer and Rooms Division Manager are correcting that issue. If you choose to visit us again, please contact me personally and I would be more than happy to reserve a room for you that is not handicapped accessible. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Westminster, Colorado, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed here several times for soccer tournaments in the summer and this was my first winter stay. We were supposed to stay at a different hotel (see my review on Quality Inn and Suites, Steamboat) but were able to secure a room here, fortunately. Jon helped us out so much, I appreciate his willingness. Our room smelled clean. It was so refreshing and big! Breakfast was convenient and decent. The overall appearance of the hotel was great. Looked clean and comforting. I thought it was funny to see people going to breakfast in bare feet or socks. Obviously they felt right at home. I loved being able to get a hot drink any time of the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You saved us from a horrible vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Wow!! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. John is a great front desk agent and it is wonderful knowing he was able to help you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
colorado
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My girls and I were upgraded to a King Suite upon arrival. The room was HUGE, the beds were soft and the bathrooms were spotless! I would recommend this hotel to any and all travelers staying in Steamboat Springs!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jen9320
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It is always a delight to hear such kind words. I have passed along your review to the rest of the staff and they were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I truely enjoyed are stay here.The train was a little surprizing but wasn't a big deal.The breakfast was very nice with a good variety.We had a small problem with the room,but maintenance had it fixed within an hour.Great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tim h
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review!! We always appreciate the kind words. I have passed along your comments with the rest of the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Southeast Michigan
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Co-workers and I really enjoyed our recent stay(s) at the end of October, early November. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The converted ski-lodge layout was a bit confusing, but my room was cozy and clean. There is a railway on the west side of the parking lot, but I had an east side room and never heard the train. The HOT cider and donuts were a welcome addition to our cold mornings!

Room Tip: East side (train on west). Some of the double king rooms are HUGE!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bluanjel21
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! It is always a delight to hear when you have enjoyed your stay. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for a romantic getaway. The hotel was comfortable and the room was very cozy with a fireplace in front of the king sized bed. The staff was very accommodating when they upgraded our room and moved us to a suite with a fireplace because our fireplace would not turn on.

Room Tip: Rooms are kind of small, suites are much more comfortable
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed along your great comments with the entire staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
CO
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I went on a mini-vacation for a long weekend. I had hotel points so we stayed here with our small dog. it was October so everything was pretty quiet. The pet room was nice with a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was the usual HI spread and was well maintained. I liked the cozy atmosphere of the lobby. The heated pool was wonderful and so were the 3 hot tubs. We were the only ones there and we let the dog run around while we soaked. The only negative is that it is located beside some railroad tracks. In the room we really didn't notice the noise. We would stay again.

Room Tip: The road side rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad to hear that enjoyed staying with us. I will pass along your wonderful comments to the entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!