“Great Spot in Steamboat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Southeast Michigan
“Great Spot in Steamboat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Co-workers and I really enjoyed our recent stay(s) at the end of October, early November. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The converted ski-lodge layout was a bit confusing, but my room was cozy and clean. There is a railway on the west side of the parking lot, but I had an east side room and never heard the train. The HOT cider and donuts were a welcome addition to our cold mornings!

Room Tip: East side (train on west). Some of the double king rooms are HUGE!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bluanjel21
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! It is always a delight to hear when you have enjoyed your stay. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for a romantic getaway. The hotel was comfortable and the room was very cozy with a fireplace in front of the king sized bed. The staff was very accommodating when they upgraded our room and moved us to a suite with a fireplace because our fireplace would not turn on.

Room Tip: Rooms are kind of small, suites are much more comfortable
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I have passed along your great comments with the entire staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I went on a mini-vacation for a long weekend. I had hotel points so we stayed here with our small dog. it was October so everything was pretty quiet. The pet room was nice with a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was the usual HI spread and was well maintained. I liked the cozy atmosphere of the lobby. The heated pool was wonderful and so were the 3 hot tubs. We were the only ones there and we let the dog run around while we soaked. The only negative is that it is located beside some railroad tracks. In the room we really didn't notice the noise. We would stay again.

Room Tip: The road side rooms are more quiet.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad to hear that enjoyed staying with us. I will pass along your wonderful comments to the entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked one night in ealy October on the way up to the Hampton Inn in Jackson WY (see my review on that hotel). Arrived at 2PM, parking lot almost empty...told 'fully booked', and would have to put me on the ground floor....TINY room, and on the west side, 50 yards from the main rail line through town....no need for an alarm clock! Called front desk and asked, "is this the biggest and only room you can give me?"...."yes, we're fully booked." No "sorry, sir," or explanation of what was going on in town to fill the hotel up for the week (I presume). Anyway, glad to get away (EARLY!) the next morning to Jackson.
Ground floor hallway was filled with boxes and service personnel, so unable to get luggage cart down hallway...had to push it around to the north end door.
Next trip to WY, we'll skip Steamboat entirely and drive through. The building is getting dated and of poor room design (some of the first floor rooms are directly below the lobby and breakfast area which is on the second floor...can only guess what that was like early in teh morning!), and needs updating. Breakfast the usual for Hampton Inns.
So, if need to book there, at least get a room on the EAST side away from the tracks, or try the Holiday Inn Express down the street on the opposite side of the highway.....I think it has been updated mor recently.

Room Tip: Don't take a ground floor room unless you have no alternative, and stay away from the West side...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay. I understand the room you stayed in was not to your liking and I apologize we did not have another available. The beginning of October did bring many travelers our way and we unfortunately did not have much availability. If you do choose to visit Steamboat Springs again, please contact me personally. I would be more than happy to reserve a room that best fits your needs. Again, I apologize your recent stay was not the best but we do hope you give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I went for a one night weekend getaway to Steamboat Springs, and I booked a room at Hampton Inn because most of the condos and B&Bs in town required at least a two night stay. This hotel exceeded my expectations. I do like Hampton Inn anyway because it is reliably clean and the beds are nice, but I found this hotel to be especially nice and personable. The hotel is decorated like a ski lodge, which gives it a nice mountain feel. When we arrived there were cookies and cider. Since the hotel wasn't full (we went in the off-season) we got a complementary upgrade to a suite. As with other Hampton Inns, the breakfast was really nice and quite filling.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the amazing review and great comments!! I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectations. I have passed along your comments to my entire team who were just as excited to hear your kind words. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Really great location, service, cleanliness and amenities. We stayed before onset of ski season so hotel was not terribly busy and without asking we were given a free room upgrade. Staff was very attentive and accommodating of our early check-in request, and the hotel was great with having hot apple cider and cookies in the lobby as well as a wonderful breakfast which was included in the cost of the room. Would definitely stay again and recommend others to go as well. Thanks!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff takes pride in their hotel and your kind words shows them that it does not go unnoticed. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Hotel was very clean and a great place to stay for good rest on a driving vacation to Yellowstone National park. The room was clean and quiet. Bed was great. Two flat screen TV,s Everything clean. Only problem was the bathroom has no bath. There is a bath sized shower area with a very cheap sliding door and a defective shower control. The shower handle was so loose that we had a hard time adjusting the temperature. The Shower door was ready to fall off. Both could be safety hazards. other than that the place was great. Staff nice, free breakfast was the best we had on our trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a real bathtub if you like to soak in the tub. Some rooms only have showers
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! It is always a pleasure hearing how you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff and they were delighted to hear this was the best breakfast you’ve had on your trip! I understand there was an issue with the shower in your room and I would like to take the appropriate steps to fix these issues. If you have a moment, please email me at Diane.White@hilton.com which room you were in. Again, thank you so much for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.