“Fabulous stay, warm and gracious staff”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Hampton staff at Steamboat are bar none professionals at what they do.... Epecially the managers on duty, from Kyle to Heidi and maintenance, Khum to Patrick all made our stay comfortable and all the while assisting a variety of different guests with multiple needs. Labor Day weekend, everyone is out and trying to get the last precious days of vacation....families with teenagers or toddlers to singles who participated in local races these individuals satisfied their customers. They knew the area, their recommendations made our stay a great one. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. I travel quite a bit, (Diamond member) and this is one of the best locations that Hamptons across the US has to offer because of the a managers on duty and staff.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for their recommendations for restaurants and recreational activities, great resource...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review and comments!! I was pleased to hear how well the staff was able to take care of you. It is our goal to exceed expectations and it is great to hear the staff did a fabulous job. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hubby and I spent 2 nights in Steamboat Springs at the Hampton Inn and we were very happy with our stay - it was actually the best part of Steamboat for us. Very clean, extremely quiet room (#118), comfortable bed, good water pressure in the shower, friendly staff - all enabled us to really relax and enjoy our time there. Thank you Hampton Steamboat!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much mikkitango for the great review and comments. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that we can see you and your husband the next time you visit Steamboat Springs. Thank you again and have a great day!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel mainly because I got a big discount by cashing in some Hhonors points. Central locataion in Steamboat. Had a beautifull suite as managment upgraded us for free. Typical Hampton Inn free breakfast. The suite had two king size beds and two full bathrooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much NJTRAVELER4097 for the great review!!! All of us appreciate the great comments. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

So when we got there, it's not located in the mountain village or the old village, your about half way between. That means... nothing in walking distance.

Next, reception is on the second floor, not the ground floor. This is not a Hampton building, it has had two previous owners. It's a conversion. So even though you get all the Hampton service, the building itself has quirks you don't find in a Hampton.

Having said that, there is nothing back about the rooms, except, and I find this odd about many hotels, the ground floor rooms do not have nets on the windows, so you can have full sun and goldfish bowl syndrome, or complete black out darkness. Try to get a room on a higher floor if you like light and privacy.

Breakfast, internet, etc are all standard Hampton services provided free of charge. There is a great bike trail behind the hotel that runs between the mountain village and Steamboat. It follows the river and is well worth taking in.

For my money, depending on when you are here, if you want to ski I would spend the extra money and stay right at the base of the mountain. If you're on summer vacation it's fine for a night or two.

Room Tip: You may try for a second floor or higher. The views are better and more private.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much pxtaylor for taking the time to fill out a review. You are correct that this Hampton Inn & Suites is not the typical Hampton Inn and it does have a different style than the others. We are pleased to say that due to this style, we have over 16 different room types to offer guests. We also offer shuttle service from December 1st through March 31st for all of our guests. Our main stop is to the mountain; however, we also make trips downtown. I have also taken you comments regarding the netting to our Chief Engineer to see how we can solve this issue. If you have a moment please contact me directly so I can make sure I have all of the information correct. My phone number is (970)871-8900 ext 405 or you can email me at Diane.White@Hilton.com. Again, thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hilton properties (and Hampton Inns specifically) are typically where we stay when we travel. The Hampton in Steamboat is so much nicer than many "off the highway" hotels. The decorating is more homey, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is exceedingly helpful and kind. We have stayed in the Steamboat Hampton many times and encourage our friends to stay there as well. It is our go-to spot when visiting this beautiful town!

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are the suites or larger rooms on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is always great to read when a guest enjoys their stay. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the staff. It always brightens their day when they are recognized for their hard work. Next time you visit Steamboat, please give us a call. We would be more than happy to reserve a room for you on the 3rd floor in one of your favorite rooms. Again, thank you for you great comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

At first glance this hotel looks great, overpriced, but great. It was pretty and very clean but that's where my good review stops.

My husband and I stayed here on the second to last leg of our cross-country road trip. This was the 8th hotel we stayed in and by far the worst one. When we checked in we were told we got the very last room they had, which was room 128. This room was on the first floor, direcly under the lobby. That should have clued us in right there.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the lobby of the hotel ABOVE the rooms was not very smart. We had to listen to people stomp around, wheel luggage around, and go up and down the stairs ALL NIGHT LONG. I don't think I slept at all. Everytime I was just about to doze off, it sounded like a herd of elephants was checking in upstairs. And it didn't even sound like the people were trying to be quiet about it either. Sometimes it even sounded like they were running back and forth. It was aweful.

I really wish they would have just told us they didn't have any rooms left and we could have gone and stayed at a cheap Motel 6 or something. That's how bad this was.

Don't stay here if you have to stay underneath the lobby. Or anywhere on the first floor, just to be safe.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor unless you want to listen to people in the lobby all night long.
1  Thank Hollaleigh
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Hollaleigh, Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I understand your recent stay with us was not up to par. I would like to deeply apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Hollaleigh, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to discuss this issue further. You can reach me at (970)871-8900 or email me directly at Diane.White@Hilton.com. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights her in August, 2012. Hotel is a little dated, but the service is incredible!!!! Our night clerk, John, went above and beyond the call of duty, looking for a Hampton room for us in another city, signing us up for honors program and a multitude of other favors. We loved John and all of the staff that assisted us while we stayed at the hotel. The hot breakfasts are fantastic and there is a coffee/tea bar that is well-stocked and replenished all day. We will not stay anywhere else when we returne. Only complaint is that this hotel is badly in need of updating!!!!! Hotel owners - Spend some money on this place and you will never have any vacancies. The only other hotel that appears in better shape is the Steamboat Grand and one of the nights that we stayed at the Hampton, the room rate was identical to the one at the Steamboat Grand, which obviously was much much nicer. Prices are a little high for the off-season.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade if possible, and keep your room locked at all times, as they often leave the o...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. It is always nice to hear good feedback, especially on how much you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along all of your wonderful comments to our staff, including John. The hotel itself was completely renovated in 2009. We still have a few areas that we are updating; however, we are always trying to find ways to better the hotel. I again thank you for your commentary and we look forward to seeing you again next time!