So when we got there, it's not located in the mountain village or the old village, your about half way between. That means... nothing in walking distance.
Next, reception is on the second floor, not the ground floor. This is not a Hampton building, it has had two previous owners. It's a conversion. So even though you get all the Hampton service, the building itself has quirks you don't find in a Hampton.
Having said that, there is nothing back about the rooms, except, and I find this odd about many hotels, the ground floor rooms do not have nets on the windows, so you can have full sun and goldfish bowl syndrome, or complete black out darkness. Try to get a room on a higher floor if you like light and privacy.
Breakfast, internet, etc are all standard Hampton services provided free of charge. There is a great bike trail behind the hotel that runs between the mountain village and Steamboat. It follows the river and is well worth taking in.
For my money, depending on when you are here, if you want to ski I would spend the extra money and stay right at the base of the mountain. If you're on summer vacation it's fine for a night or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the greatest of the great outdoors… Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs.Don't be surprised if you see folks racing down the slopes in cowboy hats when you visit Steamboat Springs. While we offer world-class snow skiing, our city still has its roots in cowboy culture. So much so that our town's signature store still sells Western wear! When you visit our comfortable hotel in Steamboat Springs, you'll be close to it all, including great dining, shopping and entertainment, as well as year-round outdoor activities.After a busy day of meetings or outdoor adventures, you'll want a hotel in Steamboat Springs where you can relax and unwind. And that's just what you'll find at the Hampton Inn & Suites® Steamboat Springs hotel. We're conveniently located just half a mile from historic downtown and just over a mile from the popular Steamboat Ski Resort.Get a bird's-eye view of the Rocky Mountains from a hot-air balloon... Soak away all your troubles in our incredible hot springs... Enjoy a hike to scenic Fish Creek Falls... Or see future stars of the rodeo circuit at one of our popular rodeos. All this and much more is here for you when you visit our friendly hotel in Steamboat Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Hampton Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Hampton Inn