“Location is between places and it's a conversion...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Oregon, Wisconsin
“Location is between places and it's a conversion...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

So when we got there, it's not located in the mountain village or the old village, your about half way between. That means... nothing in walking distance.

Next, reception is on the second floor, not the ground floor. This is not a Hampton building, it has had two previous owners. It's a conversion. So even though you get all the Hampton service, the building itself has quirks you don't find in a Hampton.

Having said that, there is nothing back about the rooms, except, and I find this odd about many hotels, the ground floor rooms do not have nets on the windows, so you can have full sun and goldfish bowl syndrome, or complete black out darkness. Try to get a room on a higher floor if you like light and privacy.

Breakfast, internet, etc are all standard Hampton services provided free of charge. There is a great bike trail behind the hotel that runs between the mountain village and Steamboat. It follows the river and is well worth taking in.

For my money, depending on when you are here, if you want to ski I would spend the extra money and stay right at the base of the mountain. If you're on summer vacation it's fine for a night or two.

Room Tip: You may try for a second floor or higher. The views are better and more private.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much pxtaylor for taking the time to fill out a review. You are correct that this Hampton Inn & Suites is not the typical Hampton Inn and it does have a different style than the others. We are pleased to say that due to this style, we have over 16 different room types to offer guests. We also offer shuttle service from December 1st through March 31st for all of our guests. Our main stop is to the mountain; however, we also make trips downtown. I have also taken you comments regarding the netting to our Chief Engineer to see how we can solve this issue. If you have a moment please contact me directly so I can make sure I have all of the information correct. My phone number is (970)871-8900 ext 405 or you can email me at Diane.White@Hilton.com. Again, thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hilton properties (and Hampton Inns specifically) are typically where we stay when we travel. The Hampton in Steamboat is so much nicer than many "off the highway" hotels. The decorating is more homey, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is exceedingly helpful and kind. We have stayed in the Steamboat Hampton many times and encourage our friends to stay there as well. It is our go-to spot when visiting this beautiful town!

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are the suites or larger rooms on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is always great to read when a guest enjoys their stay. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the staff. It always brightens their day when they are recognized for their hard work. Next time you visit Steamboat, please give us a call. We would be more than happy to reserve a room for you on the 3rd floor in one of your favorite rooms. Again, thank you for you great comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
Jonestown, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

At first glance this hotel looks great, overpriced, but great. It was pretty and very clean but that's where my good review stops.

My husband and I stayed here on the second to last leg of our cross-country road trip. This was the 8th hotel we stayed in and by far the worst one. When we checked in we were told we got the very last room they had, which was room 128. This room was on the first floor, direcly under the lobby. That should have clued us in right there.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the lobby of the hotel ABOVE the rooms was not very smart. We had to listen to people stomp around, wheel luggage around, and go up and down the stairs ALL NIGHT LONG. I don't think I slept at all. Everytime I was just about to doze off, it sounded like a herd of elephants was checking in upstairs. And it didn't even sound like the people were trying to be quiet about it either. Sometimes it even sounded like they were running back and forth. It was aweful.

I really wish they would have just told us they didn't have any rooms left and we could have gone and stayed at a cheap Motel 6 or something. That's how bad this was.

Don't stay here if you have to stay underneath the lobby. Or anywhere on the first floor, just to be safe.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor unless you want to listen to people in the lobby all night long.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hollaleigh
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Hollaleigh, Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I understand your recent stay with us was not up to par. I would like to deeply apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Hollaleigh, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to discuss this issue further. You can reach me at (970)871-8900 or email me directly at Diane.White@Hilton.com. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights her in August, 2012. Hotel is a little dated, but the service is incredible!!!! Our night clerk, John, went above and beyond the call of duty, looking for a Hampton room for us in another city, signing us up for honors program and a multitude of other favors. We loved John and all of the staff that assisted us while we stayed at the hotel. The hot breakfasts are fantastic and there is a coffee/tea bar that is well-stocked and replenished all day. We will not stay anywhere else when we returne. Only complaint is that this hotel is badly in need of updating!!!!! Hotel owners - Spend some money on this place and you will never have any vacancies. The only other hotel that appears in better shape is the Steamboat Grand and one of the nights that we stayed at the Hampton, the room rate was identical to the one at the Steamboat Grand, which obviously was much much nicer. Prices are a little high for the off-season.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade if possible, and keep your room locked at all times, as they often leave the o...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. It is always nice to hear good feedback, especially on how much you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along all of your wonderful comments to our staff, including John. The hotel itself was completely renovated in 2009. We still have a few areas that we are updating; however, we are always trying to find ways to better the hotel. I again thank you for your commentary and we look forward to seeing you again next time!
Orion, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

While for the most part this hotel was clean and offered good service, the room was not as clean as it could have been. There were water stains on the fabric of the chairs and the shower needed a thorough scrubbing. Twice during the 7 days I was there, the breakfast was not as hot as it should have been.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side may be quieter due to the train tracks on the south side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and comments. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the service we had to offer. Regarding the cleanliness of the hotel rooms, I have taken your comments to our Chief Engineer and our Executive Housekeeper to solve this issue. I have also gone over the proper procedure for breakfast with each attendant to make sure the food is served just right. Again, thank you for bringing these to my attention. I do hope you give us another opportunity to go above and beyond the next time you are in Steamboat.
Bailey, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Although we live in Colorado, we have never traveled to Steamboat Springs. My husband researched and read all of the reviews for this hotel and that is how we made our decision to stay here. This is one of the nicest, cleanest, friendliest hotels we have stayed at in a very long time. The staff is very helpful and courteous. This hotel provides breakfast every morning and the coffee is always fresh. The rooms are really clean and comfortable. It is very family friendly and in a nice location. There are great walking paths nearby and great places to eat. We will definitely visit here again and hopefully soon.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are the quietest. You don't hear the hallway noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mitchel M
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review and your comments. We work hard to exceed all our guest expectations. I was happy to read that we did that and more. It is our hope that we can do the same for your 2013 vacation.
salt lake city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel was so fabulous that we canceled our trip to Denver and decided to stay there. The staff were like family by the end of the trip. We not only had a great room but they helped us find eateries that were family friendly. Everything about this place was intended to make us feel welcomed. This may become an annual vacation for us. P.S. The 3 hottubs were really cool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank donna M
WOW! Thank you so much for the great review and comments. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectations. I will pass along your comments to my entire team and we hope to see you again very soon!