“Do Not Stay Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Western Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1122 Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477   |
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
denver
“Do Not Stay Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

If you feel like sleeping in a disgusting place that will smell and deal with an owner who will everything in his power to rip you off then this is the place for you. After being forced to stay in a smoking room after booking a non-smoking room and took one look at the room, I immediately asked for a refund. He changed the agreement, yet still tried to keep my full payment. After speaking with the local police, this apparently is not the first time it's happened either, happens frequently the police officer said. Moral of the story...DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything! Especially the prejudice owner!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank joeguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Collins
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

The owners have not made any efforts to update furnishings or interiors but everything (showers, outlets, lights, tv, minifridge) worked just fine. It was clean and reasonably quiet and the bed was comfortable. On the good side, it's within walking distance to downtown for dining and shopping. Although odd, the owner was helpful.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank FunAnywhere

Travelers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

All i can say do not stay here.The rooms are run down and nasty.The old guy that check us in was rude and tried to double bills us. What really buged me was he acted like he was doing us a favor.There are alot nicer places to stay in "The Boat"

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank JayM123
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Western Lodge over Labor Day 2005. It's nothing fancy, but if you're looking for clean, and cheap this is the place. It's at the edge of downtown and within walking distance of many restaurants. Plus, Steamboat has a free bus system, so you can get around quite easily.
Our hotel room was quite spacious and had a small refrigerator in it. It worked well for us.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

My boyfriend and I decided to try to find a good deal for a hotel in Steamboat springs for Presidents day weekend. I had contacted the Western Lodge that Wednesday before and the lady quoted me 42.00 a night and the room avaliable (which was the only room available) was a two queen bed room. I called around to different hotels, and when I called back to make a reservation the next day, the "owner" said that the price just went up to 84.00. I explained that I had talked to someone the day before and they quoted me of 42.00 a night, and asked him if he would honor the price I was given the day before. He said no because the person I talked to the day before was wrong on the pricing. I also mentioned that when I checked on his website it also mentioned 42.00 a night. He said because there were two queen beds, he is charging 42.00 a bed a night. I explained that it was only my boyfriend and I (we will obviously be sharing a bed), and he said he understood that, but there are two beds in the room and he charged by the bed not the room. Needless to say we did not stay there.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member