“Best place to stay in Steamboat”
Review of EagleRidge Lodge

EagleRidge Lodge
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Eagle Ridge Townhomes ( not the lodge itself but the town homes right next to it ) is the absolute best place to stay in Steamboat. If you want to stay in a home away from home, this is the place. The townhome we stayed in was the 4 bedroom/4 bath. It was gorgeous with a western décor of leather couches, warm hues, granite counter tops and a fully stocked kitchen with huge island. Two huge decks, one off the great room and one off the bedroom downstairs. Master bathroom was huge with big soak in tub, shower and double vanity. Unit could easily fit a family of 8-10. The views were gorgeous and the location was perfect. Only a 5 minute drive to main street, ski resort and easy to get to local hikes. We were very happy with our decision to stay at Eagle Ridge and enjoyed evenings by the fire with wine and cooking. The townhome was so comfortable we chose to cook more than we went out to dinners! Looking forward to going again and appreciate past reviews of Eagle Ridge. It won't disappoint!

Room Tip: Our townhome faced the mountains with great open views. Some units have other town homes in front of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kya02

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our family of six was upgraded to a town home. Not only was the 3 story unit a showplace, but it also had everything we needed, including a washer and dryer. Our balcony overlooked the fire pit, pool, and hot tub. The lodge is close to everything Steamboat has to offer, and the grounds are immaculate!

Room Tip: We booked through Expedia and saved $600 on our 3 night stay. Rooms overlooking the courtyard might...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank J P
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is great place to stay, especially for an extended stay. It has everything you need for cooking. Pool area is nice as well as adult only hot tubs. It has great views of the mountains. Washer and dryer was nice to have. I would give it a 5 except for the fact that there is no a/c. We would have to open our door and use a fan to suck in the cooler air from the hallway. Even though the temp was around 90 we always managed to cool it off in the evening and slept very well. We really enjoyed staying here and would love to return!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cadee69
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at EagleRidge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your great review of the Eagleridge. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the new hot tubs. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just got done staying in the studio. When booking this lodge they said it would have a balcony, bathrobes, and comfortable bedding. None of this was true. We had one window and their was no A/C so the unit was extremely warm. The balcony was not in sight. No bathrobes at all and the sheets felt like they were starched and very stiff. The bed was also hard as the ground. The unit was beautiful and well kept. I just wasn't pleased about being lied too in the description.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Siggy2

Thank you for your candid remarks regarding your stay in the Studio unit at Eagleridge. My team and I are working with our outside travel partners and online travel agencies to insure they offer correct unit descriptions as our www.wyndhamvacationrentals.com website does. We would love to host you again and all of our two bedroom condos do offer nice balconies to enjoy the view. Please do not hestitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance to you in the future. 970-879-5555.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great property and great staff. The room was clean and the grounds were well kept up. We stayed in a two bedroom unit on the top floor with another couple. One room had king bed and the second room had a double bed. Units were divided by the living room. So privacy is not an issue. Dining room and kitchen was large. Each room had separate showers and bathroom. The master bedroom had a large Jacuzzi tub if you wanted to soak. Ground have a pool and two hot tubs. One of the hot tubs is adults only (over 18). Within walking distance to base of the ski slope. Short 5 - 10 minute drive to downtown. Grocery stores a 5 minute drive down the road. They match the prices I found on a different web sites. Staff at the reservation office as well as the lodge were very friendly and outgoing.

One item to remember is that units do not have AC. They provide fans that can be placed in the windows at night. We stayed in the summer middle of July and the temp during the day was low 80's and mid 50's at night. We didn't spend much of the day at the unit. But once you place the fan in the windows early evening the rooms cooled off quickly,

Plan on staying again,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Colo01

Thank you for your review of the Eagleridge. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that my staff provided you with the service we are known for. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The photos of this place do not do it justice. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment which was huge; big kitchen, dining area, lounge, twin bed, bathroom, master bed and ensuite. The apartments are individually owned but they are all decorated in similar mountain/ski style.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful (big thanks to Jenna for her restaurant recommendations). There is a nice size gym and a lovely pool with hot tub.
The Lodge is approx. 8 min drive from downtown Steamboat but there are nearby restaurants/Walgreens/Safeway. We were there during the summer and absolutely loved it, I can imagine it's a fantastic place to be in during the ski season.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tartan69

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Eagleridge Lodge. I truly appreciate your comments and remembering my staff members by name. I have shared your comments with my team. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I got to stay here for 4 days and upon arrival to Hayden Airport I wasn't aware that there aren’t any cabs at the airport to take you to your destination. You have to call Go Alpine 970-879-2800 and they will send you a car to take you where you are staying. So your best bet is call an advance and let them know when you are flying in that way the shuttle is there waiting for you. When you do call ask for Marty or Teddy they were great tour guides on the way to your destination.

Anyway back to review of Eagle Ridge. Jenna at the front desk was VERY helpful with everything I needed or where ever I wanted to go. I got to the room and it was very nice and clean. Didn’t expect to have a stove refrigerator and microwave let alone silverware and plates. It was like if I walked into my own home. Everything I needed was there. All I needed to do was go to Wal-Mart and fill up my fridge. Wal-Mart is not far u can take the FREE bus to it. There’s a Wal-Mart and other stores in the shopping area. I just wish the free bus had a stop at Eagle Ridge but the walk to it isn't bad as it is only a 3-5 minute walk. Free bus also goes to downtown which is GREAT.
So the room was nice, kitchen nice, bathroom nice, bed was ok could've used better pillows but it was no big deal. There is NO air conditioner as the temp at night does drop down to a very comfortable temperature. The room has a fan where u can put it up against an open window and have the air blow into room.

Pool was very nice and so were the hot tubs. Get to the pool very early if you don't want to be bothered by the kids as there are quite a few who come with other families. I came with my girlfriend and wanted some peace and quiet and relaxation but noticed the later it got the more kids came and were very loud as kids will be kids. My room thankfully was towards the front of the hotel so I didn't have to hear all the screaming from the kids. So if you have no kids and enjoy quietness ask for a room not facing the pool. The fire pit was also nice. Gym is very well kept too.

There’s no complimentary breakfast or restaurant. Would’ve been nice but I guess that's why they have full kitchens in the rooms. But I wasn't about to ask my girlfriend to cook me some breakfast on vacation lol. To have breakfast you would need to go downtown and eat at Wynona’s which is ranked #1. Or do like what we did and get microwaveable breakfast sandwiches.

Room Tip: If you want some quiet time ask for a room facing front of hotel and not back where pool is. kids ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for you extensive review of the Eagleridge Lodge and Steamboat! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return this winter or next summer. I would also like to express my appreciation for mentioning staff members by name. This means a lot to them and we review each comment from guests.