“Breathtaking place”

Strawberry Park Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Get out of the cold and into these natural mineral springs with a year-round average temperature of 104 degrees.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The pictures on the website looked good, but seeing the hot springs in real life is so much better. Beautiful setting - a few natural pools with hot water from the hot springs and cold water from the river. The area is very well landscaped with beautiful rocks, trees, and flowers. Fun for adults and kids. A must-see if you're in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,812)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"worth the trip"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The drive out there was sceneic and nice, when we arrived we were rudely informed about our kids having to leave in 1 hour because after 8:30 is only adults (stupid) i was informed it was 10 o' clock anyways not 8:30 on a weeknight. The guy up front was seriously rude for no reason it was uncalled for and unproffesional. It was fairly expensive too. The springs in itself were nice and what we expected. Liked the secluded location and water was good. My other complaint is the atmosphere is really NOT kid friendly, alot of old people rubbing each other up and town and im pretty sure some people were getting it on in the springs. Just dont bring kids i guess, its a shame it should suit to everyone but this seems purely older people. probably would not come back here

2  Thank Noah B
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I went for a romantic evening under the stars but we were not sure what to expect. All I could say is WOW! It was an absolutely amazing experience with four different temp pools and the only light coming from the stars and moon. We were able to see a meteor shower to cap the night. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We found out about Strawberry Park through a friend of ours who happens to live in Steamboat. My wife and I decided to head up there in the evening hours on our recent visit to Steamboat.

It was a bit of a challenge to get to, but once we got there, it was well worth it!

It is quite the interesting little place! It is in a very remote area and not commercialized at all. Heck, the guy taking admission fees was working out of his wallet! It is almost as natural as it gets.

There are several pools to choose from all ranging from hot to cold water and points in between. It is vital that you be careful where you walk, especially in the water, as there are large rocks hidden underwater. While walking barefoot is the norm, it may not be a bad idea to bring water shoes to help ease the impact if you happen to hit a submerged rock. Plus, it'll just be overall more comfortable.

As mentioned in other reviews, the place does get risque after dark. You can't see much, if anything, because there are no lights around or in any of the pools. Flashlights are a must especially if you do plan on being there after dark.

My wife and I left right at sunset so we didn't experience the "after dark" crowd.

Basically the place is very quiet and an awesome place to chill and relax. It is perfect for couples and those who just want to have a great escape!