“Beautiful spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strawberry Park Hot Springs

Strawberry Park Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Get out of the cold and into these natural mineral springs with a year-round average temperature of 104 degrees.
Mideast U.S.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Get there before dark so you can explore while you can see everything as there are no lights.
You have to take a 4x4 up there or take the shuttle. Shuttle was I think $40 or more vs. $10 if you drive up on your own and come/go when you want.

This is going to spoil me for all other hot springs!

1 Thank kitertodd

Mahopac, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“This place is beautiful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were 4 guys 40-50 on a guys ski trip and were a little sore after skiing hard for 2 previous days and a very good time in the SlopeSide Grill the night before (see my review) We asked the hotel concierge what we could do for the day under these circumstances, and at her suggestion we took the twenty minute extremely scenic ride to the hot springs. We were a little reluctant at first when we got there (man thing) but once we got past it we were all glad we did it. we went during the day and the air temp was a balmy 6 degrees Fahrenheit. The water was very warm and refreshing at about 108 & 100 & 80 depending which pool you got in. We were told that at night clothing is optional ? maybe if I was with my wife, but if I'm with the ski buddies I'll go in the daytime LOL only a $10 entry fee for the day or night or both if you desire. Enjoy!

1 Thank Richde09
Boulder, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hot Springs, Cold Winter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I went with a bunch of friends during the day and we had a great time. It is nice to go during the day as you can see the surrounding area, which is beautiful. We parked at a pull off and walked to the springs on the road, it wasn't a bad walk but I don't recommend it for children or people who will get tired after some up/downhill. Definitely only can get there in cars that have 4 wheel drive, so beware! I partially wished we were driving but it was also rewarding to finally reach the springs after a little bit of a workout. Plus you get to really enjoy the beautiful Apsen stands on the way. We had a lot of fun splashing around in the different temperature pools.

Bring: flip flops, a towel or bathrobe (you can rent a towel for $1), and some water to drink so you don't get dehydrated! And snacks...always a good idea to bring snacks!

Cullman, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth the trouble”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was the worst experience we had in Steamboat Springs. It was a mickey mouse operation we took a shuttle the driver gives you a garbage bag ,a flashlight and leads you halfway down to a cabin he says is warm and he will meet us there in 1 and a half hour we stayed in the hot springs about 40 min and got out to dry off and put on clothes we found out your body will retain heat for about 1 min but it takes about 3 or 4 min to dry off and get clothed at this point you will be beyond freezing and head for the warm cozy cabin only to find out the cabin smells like propane and the heater doesnt work the attitude of the workers was like we already have your money and we could care less I can deal with the cold and I understand thing break down their attitude made this a very bad trip I would not recommend any one taking this tour

4 Thank Ron T
Monument, Colorado
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Go in the winter, great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went in the middle of the winter and loved it. For $10, it is an amazing deal. I would recommend the following things:

1) drive yourself, you save about $30 a person and you have more flexibility on how long you want to stay. The road requires some basic Colorado driving skills, I would not attempt the road if it has recently snowed, but we found the road be very easy to travel on. The springs are more rustic than resort/spa, but that adds to the charm.

2) bring flip-flops, your own towel, maybe even a bath robe.

3) bring water, lots of water and some snacks

4) bring floating noodles (if you like that sort of thing)

2 Thank pedrothelion77