“Pretty neat”

Strawberry Park Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Get out of the cold and into these natural mineral springs with a year-round average temperature of 104 degrees.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is more rustic than the hot springs in town. No showers. The changing room consists of a couple of curtains that barely close in a cabin. The springs consist of a series of pools of varying temperature. I almost scalded my foot, sticking it in one of the springs. It was a neat place. The gravel road for the last 2 miles was a typical Forest Service type road, although they could do a little grading since it was really washboarded. The road wasn't bad as I had imagined. I'd go again to these hot springs.

1  Thank duaneoftheozarks

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although the place was crowed with many kids it still was a great experience. The setting is beautiful and the water warm to hot. Love the drive to get there and would love to spend the night next time in one of the wagons.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is extremely dangerous. I'm thankful I didn't crack my head opening because I doubt I would have received help. I recommend a flash light and steel toe boots. Enjoy!

4  Thank Getjod
Reviewed July 7, 2013

too many people, not enough parking, springs were great! loved after dark ! bring a flashlight, towel, drinking water, no electricity, wear pool shoes. overall a great place.

1  Thank arthaven
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Strawberry Park Hot Springs are very nice once you get into the pools but getting there requires some logistics ;planning. The bathrooms are not really that clean and don't have seats to sit on to change. No lockers, so make sure you could stand to lose whatever you leave behind. There is a changing building (not just the teepee) but the curtains in there are not all that private. We went in the summer in a late afternoon and it was pleasant. Not too crowded on a Sunday afternoon, though on a Saturday we imagine it would be a zoo. The pools are nice. Know that they drain and clean the pools every Thursday (and then refill them) so by mid week, the walls may have a bit of algae on them, but the water is clear since it constantly flows through all the pools.