“Beautiful Hotel”

The Steamboat Grand
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel has a beautiful setting and contrary to other reviews, the staff was very friendly. We ate in the bar and the food was very good. Was also suprised that the parking was only 10 a day night which I think is good for this type of hotel. You can also get free parking bit it is across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Keegan W, Guest Relations Manager at The Steamboat Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review of The Grand and our staff! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Steamboat!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Located literally right across the street from the gondola and the heart of the ski village, this hotel is the perfect home base for a Steamboat Springs visit. The property is very well laid out with comfortable rooms that include fireplaces, luxurious beds, and cozy balconies. There are superb meeting and banquet facilities, a wonderful bar, and excellent restaurant. My room also had a huge hot tub and a nice sized TV with HD channels! Very importantly to me, the rooms was extremely quiet with no noticeable noise from the street or other rooms. The staff was as courteous and friendly as they could be too. There are many other facilities inside the hotel including rental cars and realty offices. The parking garage under the hotel was spacious and secure, and there is another parking structure directly across the street for additional parking. The only thing my room lacked was a small refrigerator which would have come in handy to store my one leftover slice of Beaujo's Pizza! The gym and pool area are also amazing, both well equipped and large enough for plenty of your friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Keegan W, Guest Relations Manager at The Steamboat Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for the superb and thorough review of The Steamboat Grand. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Wonderful hotel right at the base of the lifts. Pool, hot tub and spa area were very inviting. There was a large convention at the hotel so the breakfast restaurant was not open since the large group had a catered breakfast. We had to leave the property to get a full breakfast. I believe the rooms here vary greatly as some of the units are owned and rented out. We had a studio which only had a full size bed. The reservation didn't mention bed size but I would assume that most hotels offer a queen size bed as a minimum. Called front desk to change rooms as soon as we arrived and was told that we couldn't because of the type of reservation. Make sure you know exactly what the bed configuration is if you stay here. The room was advertised as capable of sleeping four but the pull out couch was sadly dated and sagging. This room would not have worked for four people.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Grand. We are currently in the process of ordering new sleeper sofas. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Steamboat!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was there for a wedding and all the staff was very tolerant of the craziness running around. They also were very helpful with any information needed. The property is gorgeous. They had quite a few options to sit ouside and enjoy the views and weather.

• Stayed: September 2013
Keegan W, Guest Relations Manager at The Steamboat Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on The Steamboat Grand. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very lovely place. Everyone was very helpful. We had the 3 bedroom for our whole family. It worked out very well. I called ahead and talked to the food manager. We arranged to have food in the the home when we got there. That was very helpful. We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. Our waitress was very sweet and full of information on things to do. When I go back I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review of The Grand. We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Steamboat Grand is such a beautiful hotel and is in a fantastic location- spacious rooms, great pool, and across from the mountain. The staffing on the other hand was terrible and an understanding of customer service is clearly not present among employees. None of the staff seemed happy to be employed and most of them did not show genuine interest in guest services.

We were there for three nights (after Labor Day) and felt a lack of respect and customer service right from the start. The water main across the street was broken... Obviously not the hotel's fault, but they still failed to offer bottled water for guests. The water was clearly non-potable, thus voiding out the use of our kitchen. Upon requesting bottled water, the customer service representative on the line simply suggested, "Why don't you just stay elsewhere?"

You would think one brilliant remark from an employee to stay elsewhere would be rare from the customer service department, but we were soon told to, "Go stay at the Sheraton," after asking another employee why the hotel staff seemed to lack any spirit and liveliness. These were just a few examples of many poor interactions with supposed "customer service" representatives.

There is no question in my mind that next time we will be choosing other accommodations when we visit Steamboat and I would highly recommend others do the same. This is especially important if you are looking for professional customer service and positive staff interactions as a part of your stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RKtravel1
Karen S, Director of Sales at The Steamboat Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We are indeed terribly sorry that this occurred during your stay at The Steamboat Grand. We will be contacting you to hopefully resolve your frustration
Karen Schneider

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was not going to write this review and tried to resolve my issues with The Grand thru Keegan in guest relations first, but that didn't go so well so here we go...
Found out why the customer service is so awful here. This is not actually a hotel, it is a property management company trying to make money for the owners of the condos. They actually don't care if you're happy...they just need your money. The customer service is awful at this place. Maybe the owners of the condos need to have a meeting and look into hiring a different management company to rent out their condos. I'm pretty sure the owners of these condos wouldn't treat people the way this management company does...Keegan...Brett, I'm talking about you. Dishonest. I called the Grand directly to book my 2 night stay. They failed to mention that a water main had broken and the rooms have muddy water running through the facets. So I paid $215.16 (taxes, fees & parking included in that total) for one night in a room I couldn't even brush my teeth or take a shower in. I wish I would have taken a picture of the Jacuzzi tub filled with the murky, brownish red water in it...disgusting. All Keegan kept saying was that he apologizes and that it is a problem caused by the city's water main break and that they are having a lot of problems around that area. He goes on to say that it is a very unfortunate situation and apologizes again. He talked with his manager Brett and Brett said they are not able to refund my money because we did sleep in the room and they need to pay the investor. However, just remember that whatever Keegan or Brett says is for the benefit of the investors...it doesn't matter what the paying customer says or feels or experiences. All I was asking for was honesty from the beginning...tell me there were problems with the water and then I could at least make an informed decision. (This is why I call hotels directly when I book) We even asked when we checked in..."how come the place is so empty?" Their response..."we are between events." We will never stay here again and I highly suggest shopping around...you can find more for a lot less.
P.S. Yes, the water will get fixed but the dishonest property managers will still be around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank FitchDog

I thank you for sharing this with us and apologize for your frustration with our property. We have resolved this issue with you outside of Trip Advisor and hope that you will return to our town again in the near future.

Karen S