Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Experience

We've done all the day off skiing options and this surpassed them all! Danielle and Steven were... read more

Reviewed March 22, 2018
ArKrWa
So much fun!

This was a great time. The dogs were amaxing and you can tell they are being well taken care b of... read more

Reviewed March 17, 2018
write2becc
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Steamboat Springs
All reviews dog sledding south tour alaskan huskies once in a lifetime bucket list switch drivers dog team love dogs unique experience cookies mile trail brownie awesome adventure hot cocoa beautiful scenery take pictures snow mobiles
Reviewed February 28, 2016

Dog sledding at Grizzle-T the highlight of our week at Steamboat. Great owners, great guides and awesome dogs. The sleds are easy and fun to drive. The trail thru a private ranch is stunning.

Reviewed February 23, 2016

We had 2 sleighs for 4 people & 8 dogs each. We split the trip with one driving & one riding & then switching. The people were all amazing & we would recommend this to anyone & everyone. We want to do it again & have encouraged our friends to do it & we have more guests coming next week that are booking also. The dogs were so happy & friendly & being able to rub them & hug them was a big part of the fun. They are well taken care of & love their job & the owners. That was important to us. I would not change one thing about the experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2016

We came to Steamboat for the skiing, and scheduled this sledding adventure for our day off. It was the highlight of our week in Steamboat Springs. Me, my husband, and our two kids (ages 9 and 11) got to take two sleds out and learned how to drive them on a 7 1/2 mile course. What a great experience, and something we will remember for the rest of our lives. It's fairly expensive, but in my book, well worth it. The dogs were awesome, the people were very friendly and encouraged us to do everything from harnessing the dogs to driving the sled. I would highly recommend this activity for anyone going to Steamboat springs in winter.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

Excellent day! Very well run, informative and helpful staff. Fun, fun, fun! Definitely worth the price!

Reviewed February 20, 2016

A must do in Steamboat if you can spare the $160/person + tip for the half day adventure. There are 130+ dogs, and we took at 98 in the morning session (each sled gets 8). Driving the sled/team does require effort and concentration. I had to ride the break the majority of the time since the team was so strong and bunched up if the lines went slack. The male staff ride on snowmobiles from the front/back of each 6 sled group to give instructions and encouragement. They know each and every dog and will tell you about them. I noticed one dog that runs into the snow mounds and they confirmed she's a powder hound. The dogs are really competitive with each other and the other sleds, so they bark and kick snow to show their enthusiasm, etc. When you're driving them, they will appear to get slower and tire at points, but when you stop for 5 minutes, they roll in the snow to cool down, eat snow to re-hydrate, and then bark with enthusiasm to get started again. They are eager to run/race. I memorized their names and gave encouragement every few minutes to each one....they loved that! When you're driving the sled and riding inside, it's adorable to watch their tiny legs trot like a fine tuned train moving over the snow. The landscape is unbelievable. A winter postcard you are riding through that is ever-changing and pristine. Oh,

Apparently, the dogs get 3 meals a day that are high in protein. They are on a schedule like toddlers at a day care, so they thrive off knowing that after the morning ride, they get their lunch. Oh, they do pee and poop while you are driving the sled. I was told it can fly up and hit you in the face, but that did not happen....the dogs were so well mannered and tended to pull away from the pack to 'drop a load' while running, so it never flew directly back...

Sara serves hot cider, cocoa, and snacks after for 30 minutes during which you can finalize payment/tip, buy their swag, and warm up before heading back to Steamboat. You can tell they work really hard 7 days a week from November through March when the snow ends...the staff is all really committed to making very ride the very best for every customer.

Tip: They do provide boots/gloves if you don't have them, but they did run out of gloves...I had my high-end Canada Goose Down gloves, but the cold did penetrate the gloves when I was driving the sled -- felt like 10 degrees with the wind chill. I also wore my helmet and googles for warmth.

1  Thank Relax M