“A Valentine's Day treat”

Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works is a dog sledding tour business located in Steamboat Springs, CO. Family owned and operated by Iditarod Musher, Kris Hoffman and his wife Sara. In business since 1996, we offer both “Learn to Drive” dog sledding tours where we bring you out and teach you how to drive your own team (typically 2 people/sled with one starting as the driver and 1 being the passenger and then switching half way around the trail) or “Guide Driven” tours where we drive the sleds for you and you can just sit back and relax and enjoy the beautiful Colorado mountains at the speed of dog. Our 12.5mile backcountry trail is located on a private ranch just west of Steamboat. Our pristine (groomed) trail snakes through Colorado’s mountainous ranch country traversing over ridgelines, through canyons, open meadows, and everything in-between. Views include the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, Sleeping Giant, The Zirkles, The Steamboat Ski Area, the Valley and much more...with the occasional spotting of wildlife!
Roswell, Georgia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“A Valentine's Day treat”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I agreed to something special for Valentine's Day and this was just the right gift. We both drove and enjoyed the views, the break from the slopes and the excitement of having 8 pure Alaskan Huskies pull us across the hills and fields near Steamboat. A great time. All the staff and owners were informative and excellent hosts. A must do in Steamboat Springs.

Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“This is one activity off my bucket list...”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I visited Grizzle-T with my husband and 20 yr old son this week and it was spectacular right from the pickup till they dropped us back to our accommodation. Stewart picked us up and was a font of information about the area and very entertaining about his love of fishing. The dogs - wow the dogs are just the most amazing animals and so exuberant - it was just a phenomonal ride through some of the most pristeen countryside - just breathtaking. It was just so exciting and i am so glad we got to do it. Sara, Kris and their assistants were just amazing and extremely helpful - we loved hearing about their Iditarod experiences. Thank you for a wonderful afternoon - we can't wait to return and do it again.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lifelong Memory!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with this adventure and what an amazing way to spend the afternoon! The staff was friendly and gave great instructions before the ride. The basket was very comfy and warm while you are the passenger- then you trade off and get to drive the sleigh. The scenery is amazing- acres and acres of pristine winter wonderland. When you return, there's hot apple cider or hot chocolate. I would highly recommend this to adventurers of all ages.

Boulder, Colorado
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The ride was amazing. My husband drove the sled half the distance then I took over for the remainder of the trip. The two guides were right there if we got in trouble and even to take photos of the sled, dogs and driver. The trip was certainly long enough (12.5 miles) and the scenery was spectacular. I'd recommend it for everyone....at least once in a lifetime. We're ready for Alaska! After the trip, hot apple cider with or without alcohol was provided. They even provided pants, shoes, gloves and goggles so as not to be cold.

Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Best Family Friendly Activity in Steamboat!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My Family of 5 (kids are 12, 9 & 7) and I visited Steamboat this past winter and had the time of our lives "Learning to drive" a dog sled with Kris and Sara Hoffman of Grizzle-T! This was the best family activity we participated in while in Steamboat - the kids had a blast and even got to drive the sleds! I'm not sure who posted bad reviews but Sara was GREAT with our kids, helping they every step of the way! She and another guide (I think it was Kyle) helped by patiently talking with them to help give them the confidence to try drive the sleds - which was the highlight of the trip for all of them! We recommend Grizzle-T to everyone we know and anyone we ran into skiing that was looking for an off mountain activity for the day. WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY SPENT!!!!

Visited February 2012