“Wonderful, helpful staff. Well kept RV park.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Campground
Centennial, Colorado
“Wonderful, helpful staff. Well kept RV park.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here June 14-16 2013. This park is very well kept with a very responsive, thoughtful and friendly staff. We had a wonderful time staying in the campground and used most of the facilities. The bathrooms were always being cleaned. It was terrible that the staff had to clean up behind some very messy campers who obviously were raised in a barn, but nonetheless the staff worked tirelessly to keep the bathrooms clean. I know that the condition of bathrooms can make some people give bad reviews, but none of the bathroom issues were the fault of the staff and they stayed on top of it the best they could. The grounds were well manicured and even though the campground is old, the buildings and amenities are very nice. We had no issues with the hook-ups at our site. The staff was very courteous to every family we saw them interact with and made sure the customer was served appropriately. It really is too bad some of the campers seemed to take advantage of the generosity of the staff. I highly recommend this campground for anyone staying in Steamboat area. We will be back for sure. You really do get what you paid for and anyone who has an issue with this campground probably has issues themselves. It seems that some visitors are abusing the system letting those not staying in the campground use the facilities without paying which in my opinion is wrong. At the Steamboat campground you will find a friendly staff, clean campground and nice place to stop and stay while enjoying the beautiful Colorado scenery.

Room Tip: Try and get a site away from the mobile home park that back up to the RV park. The residents of that...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family and our friends stayed here and it was absolutely beautiful. I would have been a repeat customer had the manager not called and accused us of setting up an extra tent in the next campsite over and demanded we drop what we were doing to fix it. She then hung up on us. My husband left our daughters softball game to return to the campground. He looked at the tent she was referring to and told her it was not ours. She did not apologize but instead responded as if we were still in the wrong. Three days after we left, she calls to tell us we didn't pay for our firewood. I, personally, put the money in HER hand. When I reminded her of this, she said she remembered but again, did not apologize for the incorrect and rude accusation. She then told me I was blacklisted from the campground. What?! Are you kidding me?! Two false accusations and I am the one blacklisted? I have never been treated so horribly. I will never return and I will share my experience with every person I know. I am very offended.

3 Thank Laura E

Travelers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had 3 families staying in 3 cabins on the beautiful Yampa River. What a great place. Clean bathrooms, lots of showers, laundry, great store, mini-golf, warm clean swimming pool, playground, pond, outdoor kitchen area, covered picnic area. We had the best time with all the kids at the campground - campfires every night, catching HUGE trout in the river - an affordable, outdoor way to see Steamboat (forget about the TV and hotel) stay at the campground everyone feels better. Amber and Bryan who run the place are so great, so organized, so friendly, so knowledgeable, we even miss them after we left. 5 stars to Steamboat Campground.

Room Tip: We loved our cabin by the river - it had a bbq, picnic table, fire ring, chairs
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My family and I stayed at Steamboat Campground from 5-27-13 thru 6-2-2013 and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in a cabin by the river which was so nice. My brother-in-law along with his family was there at the same time and our kids had so much fun in the pool, fishing, buying candy in the store and just walking around. We would like to personally thank Amber & Bryan for everything they did to make our stay so special. We were able to use the fire pit next to our cabin to fit all of our family. The bathrooms were very clean, the cleaning station was great for cleaning our pots & pans, the grounds were lovely, the laundry room was awesome, and the coffee was hot & ready each morning. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this campground. It was so close to town and all Steamboat has to offer. Thank you so much again.

Centennial
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can not say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff is at Steamboat Campground! Eager to help and offer suggestions of things to do around town. Camp was full and we booked the day before so we ended up at a site closest to road. At night the traffic was sparse and noise drowned out by the sound of the river. Camp sites a bit crowded but no more than the usual in RV/camper sites. The tent sites looked really nice and spacious. River was super high so no getting in it to wade this time of year. Nice kids playground. Fun putt putt golf. They rent out these fun recumbant bikes which were used several times by my son to ride around the camp. Pool looked a little dirty and older but I saw people working on it every day so I believe they are trying to improve and get it ready for the summer season. My kids swam twice and enjoyed the water. Free bus comes through every half hour or so which was a nice way to get downtown. I believe you can use the bus system to get all over Steamboat. Tons of families and kids around the site so use caution and follow the speed limit. Free coffee (donations accepted). As always for me, a FRIENDLY and HELPFUL staff speaks volumes when it comes to return visits! We will be back!

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had 6 families staying here at same time in RV's, campers, cabins. There is so much to do here: play putt putt golf, swimming pool, tricycle sit bikes. Downtown is easily accessible by free shuttle bus. The amenities were nice. Shower house very clean, hot water, & high pressure showers. The laundry facility was great as we were here for a sport tournament with same uniform for 4 games! The convenience store has whatever you might have forgot @ home like s'mores, laundry detergent, cable tv coaxial cable, firewood. We had a great experience from the time we drove onto campground til the time we left. We will definitely be back. Stayed 5days/4nights, Over Memorial weekend. This place was full of campers.

Minturn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

WOW!! The Steamboat Campgrounds, this is a great place: sweet, relaxing and comfortable. We stayed in one of the cozy cabins with a kitchen, half bathroom and a loft sleeping area above the living room. It was Spectacular. The manager, Amber, allowed us to check in early which made my day, because I was going to spend the rest of it sitting on the side lines of a hot artificial turf playing field watching my son’s lacrosse get whipped by the front range teams.
When we returned the atmosphere was inviting, shaded with blossning aspens and the sound of the rushing river. The cool spring grass outside the cabin door refreshed my burned soles as we sat and watched the boys practice their lacrosse shots for tomorrow’s games.
The public bus stops at the front entrance of the campgrounds every twenty minutes and runs that loop right into town. We rode in on the bus and hit some thrift stores recommended by the manager and she even knew where I could find my church for Sunday morning services the next day.
The propane grills on the deck worked great and clean up was a snap because the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed. When I went to take a shower before bedtime I found the manager, Amber, hard at work, still smiling, going in to clean. The shower was hot and refreshing the sleeping pads on the beds where amazingly comfortable and covered in a clean nylon wrap which made me very happy because of my allergies and my son’s asthma. We slept very long and hard enjoying the cool breeze from the upstairs loft window. The morning was a beautiful Colorado sunny day and I opted to buy coffee in the office instead of brewing it in the cabin just so I could say hi to the staff. They are a hard working crew.
The Steamboat Campgrounds, Go there and enjoy it. It is really amazing.

Room Tip: We went with a cabin that had a kitchen to save on eating out. It works better for our dog than a h...