“Very friendly, very clean, great activities, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steamboat Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Campground
New Jersey, United States
“Very friendly, very clean, great activities, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had 3 families staying in 3 cabins on the beautiful Yampa River. What a great place. Clean bathrooms, lots of showers, laundry, great store, mini-golf, warm clean swimming pool, playground, pond, outdoor kitchen area, covered picnic area. We had the best time with all the kids at the campground - campfires every night, catching HUGE trout in the river - an affordable, outdoor way to see Steamboat (forget about the TV and hotel) stay at the campground everyone feels better. Amber and Bryan who run the place are so great, so organized, so friendly, so knowledgeable, we even miss them after we left. 5 stars to Steamboat Campground.

Room Tip: We loved our cabin by the river - it had a bbq, picnic table, fire ring, chairs
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My family and I stayed at Steamboat Campground from 5-27-13 thru 6-2-2013 and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in a cabin by the river which was so nice. My brother-in-law along with his family was there at the same time and our kids had so much fun in the pool, fishing, buying candy in the store and just walking around. We would like to personally thank Amber & Bryan for everything they did to make our stay so special. We were able to use the fire pit next to our cabin to fit all of our family. The bathrooms were very clean, the cleaning station was great for cleaning our pots & pans, the grounds were lovely, the laundry room was awesome, and the coffee was hot & ready each morning. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this campground. It was so close to town and all Steamboat has to offer. Thank you so much again.

Centennial
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can not say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff is at Steamboat Campground! Eager to help and offer suggestions of things to do around town. Camp was full and we booked the day before so we ended up at a site closest to road. At night the traffic was sparse and noise drowned out by the sound of the river. Camp sites a bit crowded but no more than the usual in RV/camper sites. The tent sites looked really nice and spacious. River was super high so no getting in it to wade this time of year. Nice kids playground. Fun putt putt golf. They rent out these fun recumbant bikes which were used several times by my son to ride around the camp. Pool looked a little dirty and older but I saw people working on it every day so I believe they are trying to improve and get it ready for the summer season. My kids swam twice and enjoyed the water. Free bus comes through every half hour or so which was a nice way to get downtown. I believe you can use the bus system to get all over Steamboat. Tons of families and kids around the site so use caution and follow the speed limit. Free coffee (donations accepted). As always for me, a FRIENDLY and HELPFUL staff speaks volumes when it comes to return visits! We will be back!

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had 6 families staying here at same time in RV's, campers, cabins. There is so much to do here: play putt putt golf, swimming pool, tricycle sit bikes. Downtown is easily accessible by free shuttle bus. The amenities were nice. Shower house very clean, hot water, & high pressure showers. The laundry facility was great as we were here for a sport tournament with same uniform for 4 games! The convenience store has whatever you might have forgot @ home like s'mores, laundry detergent, cable tv coaxial cable, firewood. We had a great experience from the time we drove onto campground til the time we left. We will definitely be back. Stayed 5days/4nights, Over Memorial weekend. This place was full of campers.

Minturn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

WOW!! The Steamboat Campgrounds, this is a great place: sweet, relaxing and comfortable. We stayed in one of the cozy cabins with a kitchen, half bathroom and a loft sleeping area above the living room. It was Spectacular. The manager, Amber, allowed us to check in early which made my day, because I was going to spend the rest of it sitting on the side lines of a hot artificial turf playing field watching my son’s lacrosse get whipped by the front range teams.
When we returned the atmosphere was inviting, shaded with blossning aspens and the sound of the rushing river. The cool spring grass outside the cabin door refreshed my burned soles as we sat and watched the boys practice their lacrosse shots for tomorrow’s games.
The public bus stops at the front entrance of the campgrounds every twenty minutes and runs that loop right into town. We rode in on the bus and hit some thrift stores recommended by the manager and she even knew where I could find my church for Sunday morning services the next day.
The propane grills on the deck worked great and clean up was a snap because the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed. When I went to take a shower before bedtime I found the manager, Amber, hard at work, still smiling, going in to clean. The shower was hot and refreshing the sleeping pads on the beds where amazingly comfortable and covered in a clean nylon wrap which made me very happy because of my allergies and my son’s asthma. We slept very long and hard enjoying the cool breeze from the upstairs loft window. The morning was a beautiful Colorado sunny day and I opted to buy coffee in the office instead of brewing it in the cabin just so I could say hi to the staff. They are a hard working crew.
The Steamboat Campgrounds, Go there and enjoy it. It is really amazing.

Room Tip: We went with a cabin that had a kitchen to save on eating out. It works better for our dog than a h...
e
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hello, In September I reserved a cabin on the river, by the restrooms for my 7 year old son and I. We selected coming in next Saturday and leaving Tuesday. I gave you my CC info. Then I went and returned the skiing superpasses we bought at a discount and upgraded to passes with days at Steamboat. After losing the discount I spent roughly $150 more. I never plan ahead, so for me to make a reservation 6 months in advance was unusual for me. It took several days and calls to you to solidify the dates. Apparently you decided my reservation didn't matter and have now given it to someone else! In your arrogance you say that "we just don't do that." Guess what, you do and did. After reading other reviews online it seems like this is not the first time you have done this. Your utter lack of responsibility is appalling. I used to be a manager for Hyatt and this is NOT the way things are done in your industry. Instead of offering to help in a way that causes you discomfort rather than me, the customer who was shafted, you suggest "googling another place to stay online" (I reserved at your CAMPGROUND because I don't have the money to stay somewhere else in super expensive Steamboat during Spring Break) or "rent an RV and stay at one of our RV sites that cost almost the same as the cabin." (oh right, because RVs are free). You even claimed that I made up my reservation and lied about it since you couldn't find it on your end. Now you say you are doing "research" basically to disprove that I ever had a reservation in the first place. I don't have a reservation on your end because one of your employees messed up and didn't process it! And you don't care to take responsibility or make it right. All I have to say is, WOW. Thank you for taking away a father/son skiing trip that we have been looking forward to and talking about for over 6 months. Thank you SO much.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank s h

Travelers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed in RV 1 night. Very helpful staff.....suggested taking free shuttle right from office to town which we did. Very good idea. (runs every 20 min) Campground is just 2 miles from town.

Very pretty, restful campground on Yampa River. Trees were beautiful.

We didn't use the pool, but looked very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple