“An absolute must do while in Steamboat!”
Review of Saddleback Ranch

Saddleback Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: A 8,000 acre fourth generation working cattle ranch 15 miles west of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Escape to Saddleback Ranch to enjoy a relaxing day of riding, working cattle and seeing some gorgeous scenery. It is a day you will never forget! Saddleback Ranch is a located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Family Owned and Operated!In the winter we offer:2 hour Photo Opportunity Horseback Rides, Snowmobile Tours and Dinner Tours, Dinner Sleigh Rides YEE-HAW Tubing Hill. In the summer we offer:Cattle Drives- a 4 hour ride moving cattle2 hour Photo Opportunity Rides- Afternoon Horseback or Wagon Dinner Rides ATV Tours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Jerad did an amazing job of showing us what good snowmobiling is all about. We had all levels of riders in our group and yet everyone had a blast! We had time to "play" and also saw some amazing sights! I would recommend Saddleback Ranch snowmobile tours to all levels of riders! Great job and great entertainment!

1  Thank EatonColoradonative
SaddlebackRanch, Owner at Saddleback Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for the recommendation!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"entire family"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Saddleback ranch is a fun, family-friendly place. We have gone tubing, snowmobiling, and gone on the evening sleigh ride. We have made so many great family memories there. The ranch is beautiful, and the staff and family who own and run the ranch are fabulous! We highly recommend a visit to the Saddleback Ranch.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Saddleback Ranch is a nice stop between Hayden Airport and Steamboat Springs ski resorts. We stopped there for tubing and ended up having some dinner as well.

They provide a lift that pulls the tubes up the hill and then 3 runs downwards. We have tubed here previously and I thought it was more thrilling in years past. This year, the tubes went more or less straight down with less swooping up onto the sides of the runs (I used to get flutters in my stomach thinking I was going to be upended out of the tube!) My husband thought so too and we both bored of the tubing after a few runs but my children loved their entire hour and asked to come back another day.

It seemed a little expensive, at $17/hour up to $28 for 2 hours. 1 hour was more than enough. Try to arrive in between busloads -- you will get a lot more runs in. We arrived right between and it was perfect. We were all satisfied after one hour. Hot chocolate was delicious, but chili, hot dogs, and pizza were forgettable. The staff was very friendly.

2  Thank KarenB_California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Snow Tubing was great at the Saddleback ranch! There were 3 hills to ride, Their bus picks you up at your resort..The employees and the Icavetta family are very friendly!

Thank you!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Saddleback Ranch was recommended to my wife and I by in-laws who live in Denver, CO. I trust my in-laws but i wanted to be sure so i asked around and i did some research and I found nothing but good things about Saddleback Ranch. Our first day skiing we were riding on the gondola at Steamboat Springs and we happened to chat with the people in our gondola and they had actually been snowmobiling the day before and they couldnt say enough about how much they loved Saddleback. So i decided that Saddleback Ranch was where we would go. So, i called them and they sent Jared to pick us up from Steamboat Grand at 8:30 and he was right on time. Right away we were impressed by how cool he was and how much fun he was to talk to. Turns out not only was he our bus driver but he was also our snowmobile tour guide. The trails and the tour was awesome. Jared made the trip that much better with all of his helpful tips and suggestions. I cant say enough good things about Jared and the overall experience. The skis were brand new and they were powerful and they were ridiculously fun. Then we were driven to the tubing hill where they gave us lunch, drinks and a short tutorial on how to safely negotiate the hill. The lunch was great (not super fancy, but really good) and the tubing hill was great. There were multiple levels of difficulty at the tubing hill which was awesome. Cant say enough good things about our experience with Saddleback Ranch and our guide Jared, my wife and our friends all give it two thumbs up. If you want to enjoy a great day in Steamboat Springs and you don't want to ski, go to Saddleback Ranch for an awesome experience.

1  Thank Benn1979

Thank you for a great review! I know Jerad appreciates the compliments, he is very good at having fun! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and it exceeded your expectations!!
The Iacovetto Family