“Great Fun and Friendly Service”

Steamboat Snowmobile Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Steamboat Snowmobile Tours! We offer family-friendly snowmobiling for all ages and ability levels, including experts. The area we ride was voted one the best places for snowmobiling in the country! Our tour operates on Rabbit Ears Pass and near the Scenic Flat Tops, through the beautiful Routt National Forest on the Continental Divide. Begin your trip with complimentary shuttle service from your lodging to one of our rustic mountain cabins, well stocked with helmets, boots, snow bibs, and warm drinks. At a 10,000 foot altitude, we offer the very best champagne powder on high mountain meadows and groomed trails. After a brief orientation by your friendly, experienced guide, you will be off on forested trails to the high mountain peaks! You will tour our recently expanded trail system, driving a new Polaris snowmobile equipped with hand warmers and all the latest conveniences for your comfort. Your guide will point out the scenic highlights, allowing plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the majestic views. When you want to venture out on your own, we'll show you the prime spots for enjoying Steamboat's famous champagne powder. Book an adventure tour with us today! We look forward to taking you on the tour of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had 2 adults and 3 kids on 4 sleds and everything was fantastic. The office staff is gorgeous and friendly as well as courteous and got us checked in with little effort. Our guide was named Reese and did a gray job with just enough formality to keep everyone safe but still letting the teens cut loose and have a good time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)
All reviews
"hand warmers"
in 21 reviews
"let loose"
in 12 reviews
"the routt national forest"
in 17 reviews
in 13 reviews
"first timers"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We did a guided tour with dinner and was great fun and good value. Staff very nice and helpful. A good mix of terrain to ride on for all abilitys. We would go again if we returned to steamboat.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really great snowmobiling at Rabbit Ear's Pass! The guides were very professional and careful but super fun! We did this towards the end of our trip and I will definitely do this more than once on a trip if possible. Maybe even in place of a day of skiing. Great Fun! So beautiful out in the pristine Colorado mountains.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

A group of nine of us had the singularly wonderful experience of going snowmobiling with Ashley Halladay as our guide. I had my doubts beforehand about safety and environmental issues, but I felt nothing but enthusiasm after the first five minutes. This is pure fun. Ashley made us all feel safe and comfortable, and after giving us instruction allowed us time to get a feel for how the snowmobiles functioned. He was engaging and a lot of fun. He was easy with some of us not wanting to go back out after lunch because of inclement weather. Personally, I thought the snow fall made it ever better. The trails are pristine and gorgeous. I saw a fox! The views are spectacular. I highly recommend this excursion, especially with Ashely.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I signed up for the two hour trip. Pick up (included in the price) at my condos for the drive out to the national forest was right on time and very convenient. The drivers both ways were very very friendly.

The tour is through very scenic forest with a stop at an open meadow to drive as fast as you like/can. We had a beautiful sunny not too cold day. Andrew, our leader, was also very friendly and the instructions were thorough, easy to understand, and not overbearing.

Free hot drinks in the warming hut where you begin and end.

The only reason I did not give this trip a rating of excellent is that our two hour trip lasted only about one hour and 45 minutes.

Nonetheless, when I am back in Steamboat, I would definitely go with Steamboat Snowmobile Tours again.