“Exhilarating and Fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steamboat Snowmobile Tours

Steamboat Snowmobile Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Steamboat Snowmobile Tours! We offer family-friendly snowmobiling for all ages and ability levels, including experts. The area we ride was voted one the best places for snowmobiling in the country! Our tour operates on Rabbit Ears Pass and near the Scenic Flat Tops, through the beautiful Routt National Forest on the Continental Divide. Begin your trip with complimentary shuttle service from your lodging to one of our rustic mountain cabins, well stocked with helmets, boots, snow bibs, and warm drinks. At a 10,000 foot altitude, we offer the very best champagne powder on high mountain meadows and groomed trails. After a brief orientation by your friendly, experienced guide, you will be off on forested trails to the high mountain peaks! You will tour our recently expanded trail system, driving a new Polaris snowmobile equipped with hand warmers and all the latest conveniences for your comfort. Your guide will point out the scenic highlights, allowing plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the majestic views. When you want to venture out on your own, we'll show you the prime spots for enjoying Steamboat's famous champagne powder. Book an adventure tour with us today! We look forward to taking you on the tour of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Hermosa Beach, California
“Exhilarating and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

A group of nine of us had the singularly wonderful experience of going snowmobiling with Ashley Halladay as our guide. I had my doubts beforehand about safety and environmental issues, but I felt nothing but enthusiasm after the first five minutes. This is pure fun. Ashley made us all feel safe and comfortable, and after giving us instruction allowed us time to get a feel for how the snowmobiles functioned. He was engaging and a lot of fun. He was easy with some of us not wanting to go back out after lunch because of inclement weather. Personally, I thought the snow fall made it ever better. The trails are pristine and gorgeous. I saw a fox! The views are spectacular. I highly recommend this excursion, especially with Ashely.

Athens, Georgia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I signed up for the two hour trip. Pick up (included in the price) at my condos for the drive out to the national forest was right on time and very convenient. The drivers both ways were very very friendly.

The tour is through very scenic forest with a stop at an open meadow to drive as fast as you like/can. We had a beautiful sunny not too cold day. Andrew, our leader, was also very friendly and the instructions were thorough, easy to understand, and not overbearing.

Free hot drinks in the warming hut where you begin and end.

The only reason I did not give this trip a rating of excellent is that our two hour trip lasted only about one hour and 45 minutes.

Nonetheless, when I am back in Steamboat, I would definitely go with Steamboat Snowmobile Tours again.

Dallas, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been going on rides with Steamboat Snowmobile tours for about the last 10 years. We always have a great time and would highly reccomend them.

Visited February 2013
“From 1 Snowmobile Tour Guide to Another”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my first time riding in Colorado. With a fresh base of 12" plus powder and more falling I was in heaven! Pete was AWESOME! Everything about the experience was great. The weather was a bit brutal, but we had a super time - even my 10 year old daughter. Can't wait to make a trip next year! Would like to do a longer tour too.

Jess, Richard and Addie - Thanks again Pete, safe travels home!

Visited April 2013
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Just...WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Phenomenal tour. Even though the conditions were brutal, it was a blast! Best part was the adventure through the woods. Beautiful...and a much needed break from the 30-40 mph winds and blizzard like snow crushing us in the open terrain. The weather broke early afternoon right after lunch and the blue sky and fresh snow were a perfect way to end the day. Andrew just killed it as our guide. Great addition to your team!