“Best for last!”

Steamboat Snowmobile Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Steamboat Snowmobile Tours! We offer family-friendly snowmobiling for all ages and ability levels, including experts. The area we ride was voted one the best places for snowmobiling in the country! Our tour operates on Rabbit Ears Pass and near the Scenic Flat Tops, through the beautiful Routt National Forest on the Continental Divide. Begin your trip with complimentary shuttle service from your lodging to one of our rustic mountain cabins, well stocked with helmets, boots, snow bibs, and warm drinks. At a 10,000 foot altitude, we offer the very best champagne powder on high mountain meadows and groomed trails. After a brief orientation by your friendly, experienced guide, you will be off on forested trails to the high mountain peaks! You will tour our recently expanded trail system, driving a new Polaris snowmobile equipped with hand warmers and all the latest conveniences for your comfort. Your guide will point out the scenic highlights, allowing plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the majestic views. When you want to venture out on your own, we'll show you the prime spots for enjoying Steamboat's famous champagne powder. Book an adventure tour with us today! We look forward to taking you on the tour of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The day before leaving Steamboat we went on one last outing. Steamboat Snowmobile Tours was our choice and I've got to say that it was sur best choice. A well prepared and friendly staffer picked us up from our condo and drove up up to the location where we were introduced to our gear and snowmobile. We departed for Rabbit Ears and the entire trip which consisted of trail rides and meadow speed runs were simply out of this world. Andrew (call sign PLEX) was very attentive to everyone's needs and was fantastic to pull over to give us a run down of what exactly we were seeing. One stop we were able to see the Continental Divide. Breathtaking!! Don't forget to sign up for the meal these folks have to offer. We were extremely pleased with the fantastic steak that was served up. Best steak we've had in a long time!! And coming from a TEXAN that should say something. Ha. The local mountain trout was cooked to perfection! No kidding. Overall, what a fantastic experience. Our families said that when coming back to Steamboat this was going to be the FIRST excursion that is to be booked! Thank you Steamboat Snowmobile Tours!! See you next year!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)
All reviews
"hand warmers"
in 23 reviews
"let loose"
in 12 reviews
"the routt national forest"
in 17 reviews
in 13 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a highlight of our ten days in steamboat - we happened to chose the most perfect day - unbelievably blue sky not a cloud in sight and higher temps than expected and a truly special experience.
Andrew our guide was awesome and made the experience one to treasure. I had never snow mobiled before so was anxious and concerned but Andrew made me feel comfortable and "cared for" - We struggled to decide on the two or four tour but in the end plumbed for the four hour and were soooo glad we did. The time just flew by and we had a delicious deli lunch outside in the snow in the sunshine which the staff set up for us. Andrew also gave the children ample "meadow time" which meant they also had a ball and did not get bored, so all in all we all had a wonderful day - picture post card views that was both safe and fun - thank you guys..... It was an unusual Easter Sunday for us but one of the most memorable. Enjoy your summer Andrew you deserve it!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I have owned a vacation home in Steamboat Springs. CO for over 20 years. This past Easter week-end we decided to take a day off from skiing, but did not want to miss the stellar sunny spring weather. We called Steamboat Snowmobile Tours. They were very informative and accommodating. We were in a group with 7 sleds. Our guide was Andrew. He was a great guy and made me feel very safe and well informed. I rode with my husband, but after a short ride to an open meadow the guide let everyone run their machines, so they could learn how to be more comfortable on the sled. I eventually drove ours for a couple of laps myself, which encourages me to go back and ride solo next time. At various stops Andrew told us about Routt National Forest and some of the local history. Our group stopped on the Continental Divide, the views were stunning. Andrew was more than accommodating, taking everyone's photo. I would definitely return and bring the rest of my family and friends!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Steamboat Snowmobiles is a great outfit. All of their employees were very knowledgeable and helpful. Starting with our van driver, Reece, everyone had a great personality and all seemed to be huge outdoor enthusiasts. There was a family of 5 in my group and the youngest was a boy about 8 or 9 years old. Andrew put the youngster on the back of his snowmobile and kept the kid included and engaged the whole tour. This business has a big emphasis on safety, and I'm sure that Andrew did everything by the book. He kept it safe and entertaining while still allowing people to cut loose a bit if they wanted to.

1  Thank Kim S