“Awesome ski trails!”

Steamboat Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round resort offering winter and spring skiing on 165 trails of trademark "champagne powder," plus hiking, biking and other outdoor activities in summer and fall.
Columbus, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome ski trails!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I'm a beginner/advance beginner skier and this resort had plenty of good trails for me to explore as I gain balance. I highly recommend it, we WILL be going again, just wish we could go once a month during ski season....

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Swangin1

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Outstanding Family Resort for Australians Who Love to Ski”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Steamboat Springs is my absolute favourite. Having skied in a number of resorts in Colorado and Europe, I have found Steamboat to be the absolute stand-out for Aussies who love to ski with their family. Why?

A) Easy to get to over the Xmas-New Year break. With the new direct flights from LAX to Steamboat you can be faster door to door than flying to Japan. And there are a number of flights from LAX to Denver, with a simple shuttle ride or own-drive to Steamboat Resort.

B) Accommodation is extremely reasonable. Great value vs the European offerings. I have stayed at Quails Run, Cross Timbers and The West, and depending on your budget these all offer excellent amenities and close proximity to the slope. The West is my favourite.

C) The snow is incredible. This season we had a great deal of dry powder days. The locals call the snow – Champagne Powder. It is light, bubbly and effervescent. So easy to learn to ski and get super competent on or in.

D) Kids under 12 ski free with every adult lift ticket. Can you believe that? A big cost saving.

E) Food is very reasonable, whether you cook at home, or visit the local restaurants. With AUD exchange rate, you get more value for you $ than buying your groceries at your local Coles. Fresh fruit is readily available.

F) The skiing offers a great deal for all the family. The mountain has excellent beginner slopes and children’s programs for the less experienced. And for those that just want to carve, slash and drop, there are some amazing Double Black runs, that need to be seen to be believed. For those that like to ski in between the extremes, the mountain offers a large variety of groomed, long and variable runs. We had a large group of people skiing from Australia last year, and there was something for everyone, every day. Lots of variety, and lots to talk about each night.

Visited January 2014
10 Thank CathH-C
Louisville, KY
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Great skiing with Great people”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been skiing at Steamboat Ski Resort for close to 20 years. It was always my preferred place to go because the people are just so awesome - not pretentious at all. I have looked up many times and seen that I was skiing by an Olympic athlete too. Everyone just wants to ski or board and have a great time. The terrain is varied - great beginner, intermediate and advanced slopes. New Four Points hut has great healthy food options and a beautiful bar - be sure to check it out!! Oh... the snow is just amazing most days too. Powder days are just the best of course, but the groomers are very special too. Lots of lodging options close by as well from inexpensive-ish (let's pretend that's a real word??) hotels or condos to luxurious 4-bedroom places at One Steamboat Place. My favorite option was always a condo as I like having a kitchen to cook in. Shuttle service is timely, clean, easy to use to get anywhere in town. Very safe, small town feel too yet there is plenty of great music and about a zillion other things to do while you are here if you can bear to part from the skiing/boarding.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank addax12
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Ski the Boat”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have 50+ ski seasons under my boards and been all over the world. Steamboat has got the best all around facility plus the support groups such as the Ambassadors are second to none. I highly recommend the Boat for families, groups, powder hounds and awesome tree skiing.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Robert S
Charlotte, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Ski Resort”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have been skiing for 60 years and last year I finally made it to Steamboat. I will be back next year. The staff, conditions, facilities are all top notch. Beautiful scenery. The only issue is getting there...long trip from Denver.

Visited December 2013