“Nice fun mountain with the best snow in CO each and every year.”

Steamboat Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round resort offering winter and spring skiing on 165 trails of trademark "champagne powder," plus hiking, biking and other outdoor activities in summer and fall.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had great snow as usual. I covered most of the mountain in 3 days. This was actually nice because you can learn what parts you like and return the following day. Unlike larger mountains where you have to wait until the next trip. The terrain was well balanced for all skill levels. Extreme and steep terrain may be less than some but the trees made up for it. Staff was great and lines moved quickly even on weekends. All of the on-mountain food is excellent. No real complaints. For boarders they could use more benches off the lifts. Although it seemed like the mountain was 2/3 skiers and maybe that's not a priority? Great overall!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very expensive! Great trails, Great conditions. No military discount at the ticket window, but there is at the ski rental shops. I will return, but with more money! Food is Great, but very expensive. Pack your own sandwich.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We bought two sky lift passes in the Gondola, which included $10.00 towards any of the three Restaurants at the top of the Gondola Lifts each. We went to one of them, which was the only with full service. There were not really anything for $10.00 and of course we paid the difference, which it was another $10.00 plus tips. The food was tasteless, small in amount, and not worth what we paid for. The service was very good, but what made up for all that was the spectacular views of all around snow caped. Mountains, skiers, gondolas going up and going down, snow fallings. just amazing views. I would not go back there for the food, and would not recommend it. I would wait to go down to town, and eat there cheaper and better.

2  Thank Ivan F
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Today was my first day playing in snow and snow skiing! I took the never ever ski lesson with "coach" his real name is John! He was incredible! He was so very patient and really thorough! He never pushed us past our comfort zone nor did he spent too much time on things we were clearly getting. Coach was great! The snow was beautiful and the sights....oh my gosh the sights were amazing and I haven't even Been on a lift yet! I love steamboat!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great lifts, some of the best snow in the world. So light and fluffy. Makes every body look good.

Over the past two years living in colorado we have skiied Copper, Breck, A Basin and Keystone. Steamboat Springs is better than them all. Do yourself a favor and drive the extra distance. Roads are excellent from Silverthorne thru Kremmling over Rabbit Ears pass.