“Perfect for a family visit”

Steamboat Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round resort offering winter and spring skiing on 165 trails of trademark "champagne powder," plus hiking, biking and other outdoor activities in summer and fall.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The resort is beautiful and lots of fun. Only reason for 4/5 is that the terrain is geared more towards the blue-level skier/boarder, and more advanced skiers/riders may be a little wanting for that true black/double black level of difficulty (especially given the lift ticket prices, which were $114 I believe). However, even advanced skiers and boarders can have tons of fun on this mountain.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a great time with the family. ski instructor was very helpful. I had the most fun flying down the ski sloops.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just finished up a great week of skiing at Steamboat. Super snow and the mountain is wonderful. Will definitely return.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

big resort that is busy but has the incredible terrain to handle the skier volumes.

the best tree skiing anywhere!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our ski school instructor was Annette Seiler and she was just awesome with beginners to want-to-be experts. She took my daughter, never skied to blue slopes in one day. My wife never skied and became very comfortable on a 3 mile green run. Then Annette had to educate me to use todays new ski designs for carving the blue and black diamond slopes. She also turned me on to the "First Track" lift ticket ($29 extra), which gets you on the mountain 1 hour before anybody else. I was hooked, especially after a fresh 11" snow cover. Made 1 black and 4 diamond runs before we saw anybody else, true first powder tracks.

In our week, we had 40" of fluffy powered snow. Never saw a lift line more than a 5 minutes and the staff at lift lines were very helpful and a joy to be around. Lift staff, Christina Brande went out of her way to help with my wife with a boot issue.

Annette made our ski vacation incredible with her teaching instruction and 28 years of local knowledge in Steamboat.

Have already booked for next year as we also loved our ski-in/out condo at Storm Meadows on the mountain and all the awesome restaurants in old town.