Our 2 day mid summer getaway to the mountains was a total bust but the Sheraton was the highlight of our stay. We brought our dog and were so pleased the Sheraton does not charge a fee (like the Sheraton in Albuquerque). The suite was large and quiet. If you want to cook on vacation (who would?) the kitchen is well stocked. We travel everywhere (including Canada) with our goldendoodle and voted Steamboat the most unfriendly to dogs destination we have ever visited. We usually leave our dog in our hotel room while we eat (and she just sleeps) but the Sheraton is very strict about not leaving dogs unattended in the room. The hotel recommends leaving the dog in their dark, unguarded parking garage. Obviously they are dog people! We walked the entire downtown area looking for food. Tying our dog to an outside fence or tree while we eat is not acceptable to us (or our dog). Aurum on the river looked lovely. When I inquired if they had a table on the edge of their property which would allow the dog, a snooty waiter looked appalled that I would even ask. The front desk said to try Slopeside, almost next to the Sheraton (only tying up outside of the outdoor fencing allowed). They also said to try Carl's downtown. Again, a tie up on the outside fence. It was over 90 degrees and the sidewalk was in the sun. Thumbs up to Rio Grande Mexican Grill which has 4 small tables on the sidewalk in front of their restaurant. They allowed us to have our dog calmly sit at our feet while we ate. The happy hour tacos were delicious and a true bargain. We tried to go to the art fair in the park but were turned away by the police--again no dogs allowed! Between the extreme heat and restaurant issues, we cut our stay short. Steamboat has zero shopping and nothing to do other than tubing down the Yampa (which looked really fun!) But we did enjoy our night at the Sheraton although will never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Rockies, the Sheraton Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO offers skiing, hiking, horseback riding, an 18-hole golf course, and more. We also have ski packages and on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Steamboat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Steamboat Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Sheraton Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Sheraton