“Family XMas at Steamboat”

Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Atlanta, Georgia
“Family XMas at Steamboat”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Village Inn Condos (Sheraton); the location is simply unbeatable, right next to the Gondola, which makes this a great choice. Ski storage is included, also a great perk. The beds and mattresses are awesome! (2 King Beds + Sleeper sofa in living room). The shuttle services to and from town are very convenient. However, when you hear many times "I am so sorry" from the staff, something is not quite right. The floor washer was not working (no washer & dryer in condos) and maintenance took days to fix it, after wasting money in quarters and soap (no, the hotel did not offer to refund). As we had run out of food on the last day, we had breakfast on the last day and even though the place did not seem to be full, there was a queue of about 8 people waiting - something is wrong with staff, not quite to Sheraton standards. Would I stay there again? Perhaps.

Room Tip: Even though view is great, you will avoid the 'beep-beep' from groomers at 5-6am if you stay...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SSR_Luis_O, Manager at Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Pablo T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with us and with others. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location while you were here as well as the Condo you stayed in. Also, please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced as our guest. We pride ourselves in exceeding our guests' expectations in every encounter. Your feedback will allow us to continue moving towards this goal.

We hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Steamboat Resort on your next trip to Steamboat Springs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Sheraton is at the perfect spot on the mountain, and we love the lobby and game room. But, unfortunately, that is where the positive comments end. Reception tried to put us in a room right by the pool renovation. It smelled strongly of sealer and gave me and my daughter a headache after 10 minutes of being in the room. They did move us once we complained. But, why use the room to begin with???
Also, I accidentally left my nano and speaker dock in the room at departure. I called that night and about 7 times over the following 10 days, talking with various people, who all said that they would check into it. NO ONE has called me back. Two days ago, I finally asked to leave a message with the manager of the hotel, and HE still has NOT gotten back with me. I know that it was my fault for leaving $300 of goods behind, but one would think that the hotel could follow up on the issue with in a couple of days at the most.
We usually book a VRBO at Steamboat, and we will be sticking with that in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool renovation.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SSR_Luis_O, Manager at Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear scubapro1777,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always strive to exceed each of our guests' expectations. Unfortunetly it appears we fell short on this goal in regards to your recent visit. I am unsure who you left a message with regarding your lost items, but I would be happy to assist in any way I can. I can be reached via email at luis.olivas@sheraton.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
San Clemente, California
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our family stayed over new year and we had a great time. The staff was super nice and helpful from the time we pulled into the driveway. The room was clean and had a great view of the slopes. All the ski gear was stored in the ski shop and we never waited more than a couple minutes. We have stayed at many Starwood hotels and this has to be one of the best for us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with others. I was delighted to hear our staff took such great care of you when you were here. Providing this level of service is exactly what we are all here for. Thank you again and we will see you next time.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a lovely resort area. The ski lift and gondola are steps away from the hotel. Lovely views from every window. The negative when we were there was the inefficiency of the staff produced I believe by understaffing. My bill was totally messed up with charges from other rooms. Hardly the fault of the reception staff, but they waste their time trying to fix mistakes and it is frustrating for the guest as well.

The service in the bar area is painfully slow. As it often is in the restaurant---although the food is often quite good. Try the bananas foster French toast, the eggs Benedict or the eggs florentine. I felt the waitresses were overworked, but they were cheerful and tried to be helpful.

Platinum members--this hotel does not give you access to the lounge. They give you one drink per room per day in lieu of access which you can not use for two people at the same time, so if you have two people, it sort of becomes a two for one deal in your pocket.

I actually liked this hotel a great deal and I hope that the problems I encountered were the result of the busy holiday season. I would give it another try.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Steamboat Resort the week of Christmas. It was a great experience. The room was clean, well stocked, a great size for 2 adults, the bed was comfy, and it even had a patio with two chairs and a table to enjoy the outside. The hotel in general was in an excellent location for skiing right at the base of the gondola. The hotel bar has delicious food, drinks, and great wait staff. They had fire pits going at night out on the porches to hang around and have drinks. The hotel has a great spa, two nice stores for shopping, and a store for renting ski equipment. The only down side was the main restaurant for breakfast. It was poorly run, always a wait to get in and then not even half the restaurant was full, the food was always luke warm, and the service of the staff was hit or miss. Other than the restaurant the hotel was a great experience and again the location was amazing. I would definitely recommend just find somewhere else to eat unless its at night and head to the bar.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear amy99si,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. We were delighted that you had a great experience as our guests. I was glad you enjoyed the convenience of our being a ski-in/ski-out resort. Also, thank you for providing your feedback regarding your breakfast experience. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations at every encounter and we appreciate knowing when we fell short of this goal so we can continue to improve. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Steamboat Springs.
Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Love, love, love this place. The location is excellent. The service is excellent! And, our 2/2 Villa was spectacular!

Rental shop on ground floor. Bar/restaurants on 1st floor. Slopes and lifts just outside our window; we couldn't ask for a better location.

Oh yeah, we were right in the middle of all the action with all the shops, restaurants and the gondola only seconds away.

Rooms were spacious, clean and everything was new! Kitchen was HUGE!

Only shortcoming was the lack of reception on our tV's (bad signal?).

Stayed December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed a week at the Sheraton Steamboat's Village Inn Condo (located on the top floors of the hotel). Our condo had a kitchen, dining area, living room (with pull out couch and tv) and one bedroom. There was also one bathroom and a balcony. I'll begin with the view, which was one of the best I've had from a hotel. The living room had a giant picture window that looked out over the entire mountain and chairlifts. It was a spectacular view, and my wife was even able to watch us ski. The room number is 610 by the way. The bedroom had the same view through a sliding glass door. The rest of the accommodations were nice, though not overly fancy (which was fine for us with young kids). It was basic hotel furniture. Nothing bad, nothing great. The bed was comfortable, and everything was functioning. It completely served its purpose for our ski trip. And, the room was a good size, which let us spread out our stuff and gave the kids some room to move around. Great for families.

Perhaps the best part of the room was its location. You can store your ski equipment downstairs, and you are literally steps from the chairlifts, gondola and ski school. You can be on the lift within 5 minutes of walking out of your room. Nothing we needed was more than 5 minutes away. That said, if you haven't been to Steamboat, there are only so many places to walk around near the base area (but that is not the hotel's fault).

Lastly, the food. We only ate at the hotel for breakfast (at Sevens). The food was average, at best. But, it was open at 6:30am, which is 90 minutes before most other restaurants opened. And, it was convenient to just walk downstairs.

Overall, I'd definitely stay at the Sheraton again, though I would also look at the Steamboat Grand which is right next down and has the same great location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SSR_Luis_O, Manager at Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear S R,

We were delighted to here you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Village Inn Condos. Thank you for sharing your experience with others so they can come experience the Sheraton Steamboat Resort as well.

We look forward to your next visit!