“Ideal ski in ski out resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Steamboat Resort

Sheraton Steamboat Resort
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Houston, TX
“Ideal ski in ski out resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in the Steamboat Sheraton Villas for the first time last week (we've been to the main hotel a few times, always with excellent results). The villas were first class, and a great convenience for a ski vacation since we could keep lunch essentials and wash clothes along the way. The Villas are located adjacent to the hotel, which is at the heart of the ski base. With early booking discounts we got a good deal on ski rentals, lift tickets and kids ski school. The hotel shuttle was very handy -- didn't rent a car, just used shuttle to get us where we needed to go (except to and from airport). Furniture was comfortable, lots of room to spread out, view was excellent. Our only complaint was that the elevator to the villas was slow (there was only one). Our family of 5 (kids aged 17 to 5) had a great time here!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed here on the recommendation of TA as a great ski hotel and yep, it certainly is. Located literally on the slopes, this place is #1 for ski convenience especially if you use the rental facilities of Charter Sports located on the ground floor. This really is a nice hotel with very pleasant staff. Bar area is lovely with great cocktails (try the Blue Margerita) and tasty food. Didn’t eat at Sevens (the restaurant) so cannot comment here. Whilst located away from town, the hotel shuttle service is like a free taxi and is well organised. This was my first time in Steamboat and I don’t think it will be my last. Will definitely head back to the Sheraton, like people said previously….a great ski hotel.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malim27
Chevy Chase Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Check in: fast friendly and efficient
Room: modern well appointed with a great bed, flat screen TV, super comfortable bed, quiet, high quality bath products, linens, and towels. Furniture in good repair. Nice bathroom.
Free high speed internet!!!
Amenities: nice pool. Roof top hot tubs under repair but two temporary ones in place.
Fitness Room: very nice, with good amounts of cardio and weight equipment.
Restaurants: good and not horribly over priced.
Ski Rentals: at base of hotel
Accessibility to Ski Lifts: pick up your skis, walk out the back of the hotel and the lifts and gondola are right there.
Transportation: you have to rent a car or buy a ticket on the shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but once at the hotel there are free shuttles into Steamboat Springs for meals and shopping.
Check out: fast efficient and accurate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up facing the slopes. The view at night is fabulous at sunset in particular.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tackle
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

This was a last minute trip. I decided the week before to take my 7yr old son with me on a father/son ski trip. Being from the East Coast, I had visited Steamboat for my 1st "Out West" ski trip back in 1985 when I was in high school and I remembered the great experience I had staying at the Sheraton at the base of the mountain. So I figured it would be a great place to take my son on his first ski trip ever! As an SPG member, I was able to get a great deal at the Sheraton. From the time we arrived until the time we left, we experienced some of the best guest services I have ever had in all my years of travel. The staff was super accomodating to us throughout our entire stay. I laughed when my son called home one night to speak with my wife he told her that whenever we needed something all we had to do was call or ask and we got it! How great is that! Location, location, location! This is a ski-in ski-out hotel right at the base of the mountain. It doesn't get any better than that! When we checked into the hotel the staff did inform us of the structural problems they were having on the 2nd floor and that the jacuzzis were out of service. Then they told us that because of the problem, they will give us free passes to the mineral springs in town. We took them up on the free passes and took the hotel's free shuttle to the springs. So much better than any hotel jacuzzi. My son loved it as did I. Another great thing is the hotels free shuttle. Just call down and tell them what time you want to go. When you're in town and want to get back to the hotel just give them a call and they'll pick you up! Something really special is the $5/night they'll give you to be green. We did it and used the vouchers we received towards the yummy buffet breakfast the last morning before we left. This hotel is worthy of the ratings!

Room Tip: This hotel has both condos and rooms. If you're getting a room, try for the side that faces the...
3 Thank Ian N
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

We arrived at the Sheraton and had very mixed emotions.The hotel location and interior appearance were perfect, BUT, there were major issues with their jacuzzi's and in the height of president's week, they were shut down by Starwood corporate engineers. We were blown away as one of the key amenities on our ski trips is to come off the mountain, change, grab a drink and soak in the hot tubs after a long day of skiing. Didn't happen exactly that way for the first few days. The hotel made their attempts to rectify the situation, they brought in 2-6man hot tubs and put them poolside, laid down skid mats for safety getting to and from the location. It was a bandaid to quickfix the problem, but it was something!. They also offered complimentary tkts to the in-town rec ctr that had an outdoor natural spring and hot tubs(minor pain as it was 10min shuttle, but nice once you got there). By day 4 of our visit the pool was at 95 and the tubs were 98-102. I hope they figure out a solution for next season(they needed at least 3 more of those tubs) as everything else about this hotel was great and I'd love to go back. We can't say enough about the front desk, conceirge, and bellhop staff. A special shoutout to Kevin, the bellhop, who gave us amazing restaurant recommendations and served as a great sounding board. The entire staff was friendly, even in those first few days where anyone in the front lobby was complaining to them about the tubs. I have to thank their Director of Operations, Dan, who did not run away from the problem and was very apologetic to the complaints. He made ammends to us for the inconvenience. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did enjoy the lobby bar. It was very comfortable with fireplaces, big screen tvs,and musical groups playing(could've been there later than the 8pm cutoff the hotel booked them for). They have ski storage right off the mountain as u enter into the hotel and also there is a ticket office to purchase lift tickets(along with rental equipmt). The rooms had big cubbies for storing helmets/clothes,lots of hooks, a mini fridge and room safe. The only thing I think that would enhance this hotel is better cafe/deli in the hotel. The present one is limited in offerings, and you cannot charge to your room, which is odd at a hotel store. The bottom line is its a really nice ski/in-ski out!!

Room Tip: always great to have a room near the elevator when you have on ski boots!
1 Thank alwazerite
Long Beach, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

My 12 year old daughter and I had a wonderful time, which was our first time in Steamboat. I did not like the location of our first room and asked if we could be moved. We were accommodated right away and the next room was just what we wanted. When there was a mix-up in our restaurant reservations our concierge fixed it and gave us complementary cards for breakfast at the hotel, The location was perfect right at the base of the mountain and the ski rental and storage staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had fun in the game room, so glad it wasn't just an arcade. The food was decent, but not quite as good as expected. The bellmen, the front desk staff, the engineers ( the safe gave us problems), the concierges and the maids were courteous, friendly and helpful as well. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We will be back. Patricia Ripley

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing Southeast, go in the room and feel it out before unpacking, Don't be afr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank patricia r
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Let me start by saying, I am one picky traveler. I have worked in the travel industry for many years and on my vacations, I do a lot of research. I should also mention that I was not a happy camper as when we arrived, I was sick as a dog (later learning that myself and later the entire family, had strep throat).

That all being said the Villas at the Sheraton Steamboat Resort managed to still make the vacation truly wonderful. This is a very well-run, *luxury* resort.

The rooms in the Villas were MASSIVE, beautiful and very, very clean. We were in a 3-bed, 3 bath with a fully stocked kitchen, laundry room and open dining living room with a fireplace. From one of the rooms we could even watch the kids taking their lessons at the base of the mountain!

There were humidifiers supplied for each room, comfortable beds, the master bath is enormous-- with a jetted tub, separate shower (with a bench), two sinks and even a large closet.

To say it was easy to get around is an understatement. Everyone was so lovely and helpful -- from the housekeeping staff to the bell-desk, everyone was smiling and eager to be helpful.

Town was an easy drive from the hotel and there was always parking in the garage, super close to the entrance of the villas (one comment to the hotel, it would be great to have luggage carts at the base of the ramp to accommodate for luggage/groceries etc.)

Not only do I wish we could have stayed longer, I am already investigating our return visit.
I honestly cannot remember ever having a hotel experience that so exceeded my expectations. From my experience, this hotel falls into more of a Starwood 'Luxury Collection'

We loved Steamboat Springs and the Sheraton was certainly a highlight of the vacation.

Room Tip: Stay in the Villas!!
2 Thank NYCNOA