“Great! ”

Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
“Great! ”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Our family enjoyed our one night sunday in July stay! The owner kindly gave us a great room that was clean quiet and had plenty of room for my husband , me and our two kids. The location can't be beat. We enjoyed a dip in the pool and breakfast was more than adequate. For the price this can't be beat- the hospitality and everything else is a wonderful bonus!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at the Nordic Lodge for two nights while attending a photography seminar. The hotel is easy to find on the north end of downtown. The room was very small, but quiet, clean and comfortable. The man at the desk was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfasts had good selections. I don't usually spend much time staying in hotel rooms except to shower and sleep and for that purpose the hotel was a great choice and reasonably priced too.

I had no problems with my reservation, and in fact I arrived a little bit early and my room was already ready to go.

Room Tip: My room faced south, I could see the ski jump and slopes farther away... and with the curtains open...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
grand lake
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent last weekend here and had a blast. Great place. Started the day with yummy and healthy breakfast – the best I’ve seen yet. Enjoyed the pool on a hot day – very clean pool and hot tub and great location by the creek. Greg helped us set up reservations at the steakhouse, gave detailed information about biking and hiking trails as well as directions to the hot springs and the waterfall. The best part – Izabela called me on my cell within 10 minutes of leaving the room after we checked-out – we were still in town getting souvenirs – so were able to pick it up. These people really care about their customers. Will come back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great location - downtown yet quiet and couple blocks from the river, restaurants, and alpine slide. The hosts were so nice and accomodating. They let us pick our room and spent a lot of time giving suggestions and directions on what to do. Isabella recommended a tubing place, and gave us ideas and cupons for the alpine slide and the hot springs. She also made a reservation for me for a massage - after she called and Emailed different places to find a spot for me and I finally got in to a great spa - had the best massage ever. The owners made our weekend so special and relaxing - took the time to call and arrange things like many 5 stars hotels that we stayed in the past wouldn't have. The hotel itself is very clean - the rooms and the grounds. The pool was clean and the hot tub relaxing - the room was spacious, had a refrigerator and microwave, everything looked new inside - we just recetly remodelled our bathroom and they had similar tiles and fixtures, lights that we installed - so it felt very homey. The breakfast was better than a $20 buffet we've paid for in the past. Fresh fruit - blueberries, bananas, oranges, watermelon, peaches, muffins, fresh bagels, even gluten-free options, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs. And they let you take stuff with you -so you can have a peach or a banana on your hike. We love this place!

Room Tip: back room upstairs - quiet and close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubois, Wyoming
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Owning an operating a motel is much easier said than done, and for all those reviews you read be sure to scrutinize them carefully because some people write bad reviews just because they may have had a bad day....With that being said the Nordic Lodge is great. These people work hard as giving you a great nights stay for a very good price. They are very personal and their rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. We had such a great night stay we stayed a second night and will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
colorado springs
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Made a one night reservation at this place months in advance for a motorcycle trip. Reserved three rooms with two beds, six guys. Confirmed with them a month in advance and three days before we were to arrive. Confirmed both times we had three rooms for one night. In fact THEY repeated it back to me. The night before we were to arrive the owner calls me to CONFIRM AGAIN and ask if we are really coming. I said of course we are. Throughout this whole process I kept asking for an email confirmation so there would be no problems. He said they don't do email.
So when we get there to check in they say we reserved for two nights. They say they have a two night minimum which is a lie because I have stayed here on three occasions for one night. After much arguing they said we could pay the higher price which included one night cancellation fees or go somewhere else. We could not do that since there was a big event that weekend and all hotels were booked. I caught them in one lie after another during the check in process. Example: The wife said she told me all this when I made the reservation. I made the reservation with a man. Told my friend they send out email confirmations if requested. These people are extremely dishonest and will insult your intelligence every chance they get. Not to mention how the wife gets on the phone with the husband and speaks in their foreign language so we do not know what they are saying. Now I know why they don't do email. Stay away from this place or take your lawyer.

4 Thank john h
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Make sure you demand written confirmation on your reservation or be prepared to pay for an extra nite or premium rate on arrival. Theses owners are very slippery!! Made reservations six months in advance for one nite only to show up and be charged a two nite rate due to " busy weekend" after owner called nite before to make sure we still needed our room.

2 Thank Tim R