Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Bristol(Steamboat Springs)
View Hotel
Rabbit Ears Motel(Steamboat Springs)
Alpiner Lodge(Steamboat Springs)
Western Lodge(Steamboat Springs)
View Hotel
The Steamboat Grand(Steamboat Springs)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsbagelsfresh fruitin townhard boiled eggswithin walking distancecontinental breakfasthot tubfamily owneddowntown locationcreekside cafewalked everywhererooms were very cleanrestaurants and shopsthe location is perfectgreat place to stayevery morningdirectly across the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I planned a last-minute trip to Steamboat, and as a result we had to bring our dog. Searching for pet-friendly lodging can be a challenge, so when we stumbled upon the Nordic Lodge we were a bit skeptical. I'm so glad we took a chance! All of the rooms have been remodeled and are clean and charming. They charge a modest pet fee, and the room rates are beyond reasonable! Our room had a mini fridge and microwave which is always nice. The owners, Greg and Izabela, are welcoming hosts. My husband snowboards and I do not, so Greg pointed me in the direction of a park and river trail only a block away so I could get outside with my dog. The location of the Nordic lodge was so great. It's right downtown, very walkable to everything in Steamboat. And the free shuttle picks up right across the street and will deposit you at the gondola in 10 minutes. You can practically park your car and leave it there for the duration of your stay! At night we walked a few blocks to the Tap Room and enjoyed some beers and football. In the morning the free continental breakfast was great! Bagels, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, pastries, cereal and juice. We absolutely will be back, and I'm looking forward to it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 123, steps away from the office and breakfast area.
1  Thank elceejay
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Nordic Lodge 1/11-12. Izabela and Greg were wonderful hosts. The rooms have been remodeled and are very comfortable. The continental breakfast was a great addition as well. Nordic's proximity to everything downtown was a huge plus. We can't wait to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

First of all, Greg the owner is terrific and attentive to your every need. The Nordic Lodge is located right downtown and close to everything. Greg also knows everything about Steamboat, so he can definitely give you guidance if you have any questions.

The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable and if you need anything, the staff is very willing to help. Like most people, we were there to ski and if you decide to rent a condo or stay close to the village, you aren't very close to downtown, where everything is!!! So stay at the Nordic Lodge, pay less, have a comfortable room and you can still go skiing. The Nordic Lodge is across the street from the Free Bus stop and you can take the bus to the resort. Buses run every 10 minutes and are very convenient. You could also drive to the resort and pay for parking or you can park in the Meadows Lot, which is free and be shuttled to the resort.

We will definitely be back to stay at the Nordic Lodge, plus they are very pet friendly, so you can take your furry kids also!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We loved our stay at the Nordic Lodge and this will now be our go-to place in Steamboat. The owners are very helpful with anything you need. The room was bright and very clean. I travel frequently for business and the bed was better than the ones at Marriott! We were able to have our dogs with us which is a big consideration when we're traveling in the mountains. The location in town is great as you can walk to pretty much everything and the shuttle to the ski area stops very close by. We'll be back!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to Steamboat for my birthday every year for five years now, and stumbled on the Nordic Lodge randomly the first year. I can't find a single reason to stay anywhere else. The location is incredibly convenient, the owners are the kindest people on earth, breakfast is excellent, beds are comfy, hot tub is a gem, wi-fi is strong, and the price is great, considering you're in Steamboat. I was disappointed to see it was ranked #1 in the town by TripAdvisor reviewers... Not that it doesn't absolutely deserve it -- I was just hoping no one else knew about it. ;)

• Stayed: February 2013