Ski towns like Steamboat inhabit a different real estate reality than other towns. Land is so expensive, especially on the main street, that I'm sure it is a challenge to generate positive cash flow in an old property. Yet the Nordic Lodge, walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in downtown Steamboat, manages to offer large, clean rooms at a very reasonable price. Friendly staff and owners, and they throw in a hot tub, free parking and free continental breakfast to boot. I don't know if I simply had quiet neighbors, but I didn't hear a sound from other rooms.
In addition to its proximity to the downtown shops, it is right on the bus line that drops off at the ski area transit center.
The only thing I would like to have seen is a second, more sheer curtain on the window to let in the morning sun while getting ready for another ski day.
A great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best lodging downtown Steamboat. Top rated hotel, motel and condo units, outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, refrigerator and microwave, Free Wi-Fi, walking distance to 30 restaurants, Yampa River, parks, kayaking, hot springs, skiing, ice skating, fishing, biking, snowshoeing, walking, hiking, running trails, shopping, movies, local markets, Colorado Mountain College, soda Creek Elementary, favorite place to stay, new rooms, great reviews, best location, newest rooms downtown, close, convenient, comfortable, very clean, discounted rates and packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Lodge Of Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Nordic Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Nordic Motel Steamboat Springs